ab circle pro?

Options
Has anyone used the Ab circle pro? I am thinking about getting it to help me strengthen my core. Here's the deal..... I am 175lbs and most of my weight rides on my belly and hips. I cant seem to lose the fat around my hips. I'm not looking to have a 6 pack of abs, but just to help me lose some inches around the waist. Can anyone help me?

Replies

• dixierose43
    Options
    any help?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I pretty much figure if they have to sell it through paid adverisements and you can't find it at a gym, then it isn't worth the metal it is made from... If it did what it said it did, surely every gym would have one?
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Google for reviews. My guess is that it's a piece of junk, like most infomercial products.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    There are TONS of ab workouts you can do for FREE. And trust me if you won't do the free ones, buying a machine will end up being an expensive clothes rack.
    Fat that's apparent comes from storage. To tap the storage, you need to be consistent in calorie deficit and have patience. That's it. There's no magic machine, exercise or pill that can target and spot reduce body fat from any area.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    It looks like it would make your back hurt. And what 'Buff said.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, but I think my aunt has one for sale, still in the box if you're looking for a good deal. I'll check if she still has it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose fat over your hips and abs buy one of these (if you don't have one):

Ozeri-Pro.jpg

and buy some of these (if you don't have them):

measuring+cups+spoons.JPG

Also, pick up one of these a few times a week:

barbell.jpg

the fat layer over your abs isn't going to go away by working your abs. Abs are made in the kitchen eating at a deficit, and core strength is enhanced using proper form while picking things up and putting them down. Many lifting programs have limited core isolation work (if any). However, if you want to do core work crunches and planks will get you there. Stay away from the gimmicks and just stay on course.
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have just received one from someone I know on Friday, May 31, 2013. My husband, myself and our two youngest children (8 and 11) use the machine. It is quite fun and is a good work out. All I can say is, if you are getting the machine, you need knee pads because your knees will hurt and do not go too fast on the machine cause you will slip out of the knee pads and you can tip the machine. My husband and I work out for 10 min. (5 min going from side to side and 5 min doing the thigh workout). After the first 5 min stretch your back and march in one spot also while doing the workout keep your head up or you will feel dizzy. Also stretch before going on the machine.