guys i am on a cut.

.where i take carbs only after my workout that also only a teaspoon of dextrose...i am thinking of adding creatine mono...would 3g be okay? i want no bloat :)
thnx
xoxo

Replies

• sarvasheesh
    sarvasheesh Posts: 14 Member
    bump
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    You only eat carbs after a workout? That doesn't seem very healthy. Carbs are an important part of any diet and doesn't seem worth cutting out just because you don't want to bloat. Best of luck to you.
  • sarvasheesh
    hey thanx for the reply :)
    i take minimal carbs and mostly fiber
    i eat loads of gren veggies
    any help about the creatine?
  • neweuquol
    neweuquol Posts: 62 Member
    I do not agree that carbs are necessary. I lost 22 pounds and I feel great keeping my carbs at about 100 grams per day (1/3 of the recommended amount).
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Hi,

How many carbs per day do you eat? If you eat less than 30--50g you are probably on a ketogenic diet and that's fine for cutting. You may consider cycling carbs one day per week.

If you eat more carbs than that you are probably not on a ketogenic diet. Then you should probably eat more carbs to fuel your exercises. Eat 1-2g per kg of body weight per day of protein. Eat 1g per kg of body weight per day of fat. Put the rest in carbs.

As to when to take the creatine.. I don't think it matters. You can eat it at night before going to bed or in the morning after getting up or split half between before or after workout. Seriously I don't think it matters.

Good luck!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Guys use xoxo?
  • SkeletonWishes
    SkeletonWishes Posts: 18 Member
    i disagree carbs are not necessary, ive lost about 50 pounds and a lot of that was/is purely because i went low carb.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Body Building.com has an amazing article on Creatine Monohydrate 101.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Guys use xoxo?
    Hells yeah xxxooo
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    i disagree carbs are not necessary, ive lost about 50 pounds and a lot of that was/is purely because i went low carb.

I have lost 32 lbs since 12/31/12 from 1700 calories a day and 200-1000 calories of aerobics/lifting a day. I've not paid any attention to carbs.

The wife now says," look, your getting a six-pack." No one has ever said that to me. At 6' 2" and 210, my kids think I am getting skinny. LMBO!

xoxox
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    5g per day of creatine is recommended to saturate muscle stores.

Live with water weight increases and reap the benefits of strength/hypertrophy gains or don't take it and worry about the scales going up.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    I get the impression that you aren't exactly 18.

Considering your age, I would recommend not taking supplements, but that would make me a hypocrite as I did in HS as well.
  • sarvasheesh
    yes m on A ketonic diet bro
    thnx :)
  • sarvasheesh
    bro m 18+ going to be 19 ;)
  • sarvasheesh
    Guys use xoxo?
    yea
    guys with big muscles do ;)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Guys use xoxo?

Faaaabulous!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Guys use xoxo?
    Hells yeah xxxooo

See, you did it wrong..
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Guys use xoxo?

Faaaabulous!
  • sarvasheesh
    Hi,

How many carbs per day do you eat? If you eat less than 30--50g you are probably on a ketogenic diet and that's fine for cutting. You may consider cycling carbs one day per week.

If you eat more carbs than that you are probably not on a ketogenic diet. Then you should probably eat more carbs to fuel your exercises. Eat 1-2g per kg of body weight per day of protein. Eat 1g per kg of body weight per day of fat. Put the rest in carbs.

As to when to take the creatine.. I don't think it matters. You can eat it at night before going to bed or in the morning after getting up or split half between before or after workout. Seriously I don't think it matters.

Good luck!
    thanx bro
    great post
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Guys use xoxo?
    yea
    guys with big muscles do ;)

Point one out bro ;)

xoxo