• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Major blow?

I think you can do it.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    oh no! I just realized I can't lose weight because I don't have a husband to exercise with!

I would marry you but it's not legal. Maybe get an exercise dog?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I think everyone in the entire town of Alpharetta plays tennis. You should be able to find a replacement player.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What ever did you do before you were married? Or did you just have a relationship one after the other and all of them were your workout partners?
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I exclusively do this type of excercise since I don't nor have I ever had a husband.

I do see how a husband may be useful though, but not as an exercise partner. It would be great if I could leave my husband with the kid so I could go for a 2 hour run without the jogger.

Anyway you have 4 options:

1. Find new tennis partner
    2. Find new husband
    3. Find new excercise interest
    4. Give up

My recommendation would be option 1 or 3. Or maybe both. The only way you can find a new form of excercise that really interestsyou Iis by trying a bunch of random stuff. Twice in my life I tried things I wasn't really interested in and it worked out. The first was boxing. I went to a class because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I ended up going to 3 classes a week for 3 years.

Then there is running. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to do it. I only tried it because it was the only thing I could think of to start excercising again while I had my daughter with me. I instantly took to it. Turns out running is the thing that was missing from my life. If I hadn't tried it, I wouldn't have known that.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    There's this really interesting new thing everyone is doing called putting one foot in front of the other. You can even do it without a partner! I'm so excited about this new trend.
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Those are all good suggestions! I personally love Zumba, If you enjoy dancing you should give it a try.

My SIL loves that! I should try it! I'm not an awesome dancer, so I never thought much about doing it - especially in public. Do you go to a class or do DVDs?
  • deenaspell
    Options
    You know, I used to run all the time, but it got really boring, so I stopped. I guess I could pick it up again and see if I feel differently now? I don't know.

BTW, LOL to your response on this post!
    I exclusively do this type of excercise since I don't nor have I ever had a husband.

I do see how a husband may be useful though, but not as an exercise partner. It would be great if I could leave my husband with the kid so I could go for a 2 hour run without the jogger.

Anyway you have 4 options:

1. Find new tennis partner
    2. Find new husband
    3. Find new excercise interest
    4. Give up

My recommendation would be option 1 or 3. Or maybe both. The only way you can find a new form of excercise that really interestsyou Iis by trying a bunch of random stuff. Twice in my life I tried things I wasn't really interested in and it worked out. The first was boxing. I went to a class because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I ended up going to 3 classes a week for 3 years.

Then there is running. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to do it. I only tried it because it was the only thing I could think of to start excercising again while I had my daughter with me. I instantly took to it. Turns out running is the thing that was missing from my life. If I hadn't tried it, I wouldn't have known that.
  • deenaspell
    Options
    I don't know? I've never tried any home DVDs. Any specific ones you would recommend?
    Will you do at home DVDs? I really love brazil butt lift, it's not super intense but a heck of a workout. I've had super muscle building results. Kettlebell is also great. Biking is an idea too.
  • deenaspell
    Options
    Awww! :-)
    I suggest you take a break until your husband can exercise again, thus showing your full support for him in times like these when he needs it most.
  • deenaspell
    Options
    Bwaaahaaahaa! I knew it. *shakes fist*
    i'm pretty sure your husband is sabotaging you
  • deenaspell
    Options
    Uh, no excuses. That's kind of why I'm asking for suggestions.
    oh no! I just realized I can't lose weight because I don't have a husband to exercise with!

LOL, this is what I was thinking.
    OP- don't let his injury be your excuse....
  • deenaspell
    Options
    Ha ha, I haven't gone man to man all my life looking for a steady workout partner. I used to do yoga, karate, run and lift weights. I also used to work at a gym where all that was free! I'd love to do it again, but I don't have the money for it now.
    What ever did you do before you were married? Or did you just have a relationship one after the other and all of them were your workout partners?
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Go take some walks, jog, do jillian micheals 30 day shred dvd, play wall ball with your raqcuet and a tennis ball, find a friend to workout with..
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't even have a husband, and I somehow manage to exercise.

Find someone else to play tennis with you, or get past the idea that you'll only do exactly what you want to do. I'd still be 100 lbs overweight with that mindset.
  • deenaspell
    Options

I'm asking for suggestions on individual workouts because I haven't had to go solo for 10 years. Does that make me sound helpless or laughable? I think it makes me lucky.
  • bbspell22
    bbspell22 Posts: 2
    Options
    Suggestion - maybe you should say your workout partner of 10 years recently blew his knee up for the second time. Apparently half the people in this thread really hate dudes, or me personally.....I can't really tell. You could always carry me piggyback style on one of the trails.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Those are all good suggestions! I personally love Zumba, If you enjoy dancing you should give it a try.

My SIL loves that! I should try it! I'm not an awesome dancer, so I never thought much about doing it - especially in public. Do you go to a class or do DVDs?
    I do both. It's helpful to have the DVDs because 1.) They're convenient, and 2.) They will help you learn the steps ahead of time so when you do find a class you don't feel like a complete newbie. I prefer classes to the DVDs because they are more challenging and you get a variety of music, but both are enjoyable. You could even search some Zumba videos on YouTube and make a little playlist of your own to do in your living room.

PS: Husband is adorable. Lucky you!
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Suggestion - maybe you should say your workout partner of 10 years recently blew his knee up for the second time. Apparently half the people in this thread really hate dudes, or me personally.....I can't really tell. You could always carry me piggyback style on one of the trails.

Ummmm okl. OP why did you have your husband post?

I've come across a lot of dumb people on here. Just ignore it or don't post dumb things, stretch the truth a bit next time. ;)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

The saboteur speaks!