Calories vs. Sugar goals

Options
Ok, I have 1 more question and I will leave you all alone.....is it ok for me to be at or under my calorie goal, but over on sugar? I have never really paid attention to sugar in my diet until MFP, but I know sugar turns to fat....does it balance out if I am at my calorie goal or will it deter me? I guess what I am asking is, is it ok for me to make smarter fast food choices and still be under the calorie goal, even if the sugar number goes RED?? It's hard to have green lights all the way across for me...I am a bit OCD!!!!

Replies

• melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I consistently go over my sugar goals but come in under my calorie goal between 100-280 each day. Im still losing but Ive also got a long ways to go so we shall see! Good Luck!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you are getting your sugar from. If your sugar is coming from fresh fruits and vegies you are good. If the sugar is from table sugar, processed sweet things or stuff made with processed white flour, or alcohol that's not good. In general go for the natural non processed stuff.

Also depends on if you have a medical issue with sugar, then that is an issue you would want to take up with your doctor.
  • Spatrowich
    Options
    Even if you are staying under you calorie goals, if your sugar levels are over then more of a percentage of what you are eating is sugar, which is worse. Unless it is from fruits, but even then, too much of anything isn't good. Try to keep an eye on the sugar intake.

Good Luck