Replies

• bbspell22
    bbspell22 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know.....my bad.
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Those are all good suggestions! I personally love Zumba, If you enjoy dancing you should give it a try.

My SIL loves that! I should try it! I'm not an awesome dancer, so I never thought much about doing it - especially in public. Do you go to a class or do DVDs?
    I do both. It's helpful to have the DVDs because 1.) They're convenient, and 2.) They will help you learn the steps ahead of time so when you do find a class you don't feel like a complete newbie. I prefer classes to the DVDs because they are more challenging and you get a variety of music, but both are enjoyable. You could even search some Zumba videos on YouTube and make a little playlist of your own to do in your living room.

Thank you! I think I'll try that this week. We'll see if anyone complains about an elephant in the apartment over them :-)
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Those are all good suggestions! I personally love Zumba, If you enjoy dancing you should give it a try.

My SIL loves that! I should try it! I'm not an awesome dancer, so I never thought much about doing it - especially in public. Do you go to a class or do DVDs?
    I do both. It's helpful to have the DVDs because 1.) They're convenient, and 2.) They will help you learn the steps ahead of time so when you do find a class you don't feel like a complete newbie. I prefer classes to the DVDs because they are more challenging and you get a variety of music, but both are enjoyable. You could even search some Zumba videos on YouTube and make a little playlist of your own to do in your living room.

Thank you! I think I'll try that this week. We'll see if anyone complains about an elephant in the apartment over them :-)
    Just don't trumpet and you should be fine LOL.
  • deenaspell
    Options
    Suggestion - maybe you should say your workout partner of 10 years recently blew his knee up for the second time. Apparently half the people in this thread really hate dudes, or me personally.....I can't really tell. You could always carry me piggyback style on one of the trails.

Ummmm okl. OP why did you have your husband post?

I've come across a lot of dumb people on here. Just ignore it or don't post dumb things, stretch the truth a bit next time. ;)

I naively expected helpful suggestions, not random responses. Ah, to be wrong.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    oh no! I just realized I can't lose weight because I don't have a husband to exercise with!

I'm asking for suggestions on individual workouts because I haven't had to go solo for 10 years. Does that make me sound helpless or laughable? I think it makes me lucky.
    It makes you sound incredibly codependant.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Suggestion - maybe you should say your workout partner of 10 years recently blew his knee up for the second time. Apparently half the people in this thread really hate dudes, or me personally.....I can't really tell. You could always carry me piggyback style on one of the trails.

I've come across a lot of dumb people on here. Just ignore it or don't post dumb things, stretch the truth a bit next time. ;)

Well, to be fair, your question is really vague. How are we supposed to know what kind of exercise you even like? The answer to "what can I do besides tennis" is "almost any other activity." Try some things and find something you like. Or carry him on your back, you'll probably burn twice as many calories that way. :wink:

Posting here is always a little iffy. For every helpful response you'll get a funny gif or random comment. Just sort out the helpful replies and ignore the rest. (I'm very guilty of posting gifs, I have to admit)

tumblr_inline_mijplbvfXZ1qz4rgp_zpsb31f8b57.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Most of time the MFP solution to any husband issue is junk punching. Count yourself lucky!

Oh, and here's to finally seeing a SO show up in one of these silly threads. :drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Welcome to the internet
  • deenaspell
    Options

Piggyback it is! I can get my weight training, cardio, bonding time and CODEPENDENCE all in one workout! BOOM. :-)
  • deenaspell
    Options

Well, to be fair, your question is really vague. How are we supposed to know what kind of exercise you even like? The answer to "what can I do besides tennis" is "almost any other activity." Try some things and find something you like. Or carry him on your back, you'll probably burn twice as many calories that way. :wink:

Posting here is always a little iffy. For every helpful response you'll get a funny gif or random comment. Just sort out the helpful replies and ignore the rest. (I'm very guilty of posting gifs, I have to admit)

tumblr_inline_mijplbvfXZ1qz4rgp_zpsb31f8b57.gif

I guess I was just thinking someone might have been through something similar and have some brilliant, creative activity to add to the mix. I didn't realize the question was so hard or that people would zero in on me having a husband as a workout partner and that being such a horrible thing. I'd change the original post to clarify if I could.

BTW, I definitely don't mind the kitten GIF. As a matter of fact, can we just make this thread a kitten GIF to ward away all negativity? :-) I've learned my lesson here.
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    I think you should divorce him.

Immediately.

How dare he get injured in the middle of your plan. LOL.

of course, I am only kidding.
  • deenaspell
    Options
    I think you should divorce him.

Immediately.

How dare he get injured in the middle of your plan. LOL.

of course, I am only kidding.

Of course! Yes, I'll divorce him. That's more humane than putting him down from a knee injury - which was the plan. Shhhhhhhh! :-P