Thinking About Going To The Gym.

Options
Hi. :)
I'm thinking about going to the gym. I've never went to one before. What do you recommend to wear/take such as clothes, shoes, music, etc? I'm planning on going to Planet Fitness. Does anyone else go there and if so what do you think of it?

Thank you for your help! :)

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Don't have a PF here but from what people have been saying on here, it's not the best place in the world.

As far as clothes go...Shorts/capris/something comfortable, t-shirts or tanks and of course a sports bra! As for shoes...Everyone has their own brand they like but generally running shoes are a no - unless you do a lot of cardio. Wear soemthign that's not too "springy" for better stability on lifts
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Don't have a PF here but from what people have been saying on here, it's not the best place in the world.

As far as clothes go...Shorts/capris/something comfortable, t-shirts or tanks and of course a sports bra! As for shoes...Everyone has their own brand they like but generally running shoes are a no - unless you do a lot of cardio. Wear soemthign that's not too "springy" for better stability on lifts

Thank you! :)