Fitbit?...

Ok, been with MFP since January and seem to be maintaining my weight loss but have deffo been a little lacklustre, so after some consideration, I have started looking into fitbit. Now, I don't think of myself as dim witted but... What on earth does it achieve exactly? I have read through the website description and it leaves a lot to the imagination. Can someone please fill me in?

Cheers!
X

Replies

• fat_harrie
    fat_harrie Posts: 59 Member
    Wellllllll... That's a resounding cold shoulder!

Thanks for the help
  • kaybee9489
    kaybee9489 Posts: 17 Member
    I don't have one, however a friend does and she is a big fan. It tracks how far you walk all day and syncs to your MFP at the end of the day to adjust your caloric intake based on how active you were. (Since I don't have one, that's just my understanding--perhaps someone could tell you more).

She loves it.

I am not sold on it. I have MFP set at slightly active and everytime I do additional workouts I use a HR monitor to get a more accurate count of calories burned. The problem with pedometers, and things like that is they don't track your HR which is the most accurate way to see how many cals you burn!

I can see it being helpful, but I took the $100 and spent it on a HR monitor!
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Ok, been with MFP since January and seem to be maintaining my weight loss but have deffo been a little lacklustre, so after some consideration, I have started looking into fitbit. Now, I don't think of myself as dim witted but... What on earth does it achieve exactly? I have read through the website description and it leaves a lot to the imagination. Can someone please fill me in?

Cheers!
    X
    I'm guessing people are wondering why you haven't searched for FitBit and found the hundreds of topics about it on MFP already? I love mine and it keeps me moving. I try to do the recommended 10,000 steps per day and have it linked to MFP so my calories are adjusted throughout the day as it syncs. I have a HRM which I wear for exercise that FitBit doesn't do well (anything not involving legs really) but I wear it all day and also in the sleep band at night.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Wellllllll... That's a resounding cold shoulder!

Thanks for the help

Did you try searching the forum?

I have had mine for about a week and like seeing how many steps I've taken. It's been motivating me