Am I doing this correct?

Options
Hi i am trying to get back into shape even though i am not really over weight. I'm 140 pounds and 5"5, begining lifting weight but i wanna do another activity during the day. I am lifting weight at UPS for about 4 to 5 hours 1 to 75 pounds per package and up to 1000 packages a night. I am doing yoga but i feel like that isn't enough. I want to do belly dancing but I am afraid it wouldn't do much or am i wrong. I just started getting active just a month ago and i haven't lost any weight yet. so i am wondering if any one has any clues or anything. my goal is to get tone more than lose weight.

Replies

• sarahannegroom
    sarahannegroom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try taking your measurements. Your probably shrinking just doesn't reflect on scales.

Still record all your food etc as its easy to underestimate.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Eat enough protein and do some HIIT. 20 minutes of HIIT will kick your *kitten* and keep your metabolism elevated throughout the day. If you do HIIT make sure you don't do it on empty stomach or you'll die but if some how you don't die it will feel like you are! HIIT IS THAT INTENSE.
  • biohazbrii
    Options
    thank you :) will try it out
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I worked at ups at 21 yrs old. I lost 24 lbs working in the unload dep. during Xmas season, I Got pretty strong picking up 100 lbs boxes but I don't think I would have been able to do any other exercises. I am trying for tone too so I stick to my weight bench and kettle bells
  • biohazbrii
    Options
    well that is why i want to try belly dancing instead of other work outs. i do yoga and that isn't really doing anything but stretching. after i do yoga i get very comfortable and want to be lazy due to when i stretch i get lazy and comfortable. so i am trying to figure out what is more cardio workout than lifting or extreme workout