13lbs from WHERE exactly?

Options
According to my weigh in this morning, i've lost 13lbs in weight which, don't get me wrong, is AWESOME except i can't see any difference in my body shape? So where on earth has this 13lbs come off from? I can honestly say hand on heart i've not done enough exercise that would build up muscle!?

Is 13lbs not enough to make a noticeable difference yet?

Replies

• lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done! How long have you been dieting for and how much do you have to lose? I suppose it depends on what percentage of your body weight that 13lbs represents as to whether it will be noticeable to yourself or others.
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    I found taking photo's of myself really helped me to see the changes after just a 7lb loss - I didnt really think I had achieved much until I checked out my "before & after" pics. I especially noticed alot of my changes were on my bottom and back!!! Something I dont see much of, thankfully :-)
  • didntfeelcreativetoday
    Options
    I just reached the 13lb loss mark and I saw a huge difference in waist size, neck and face. You should be seeing something. Are you taking measurements or just weighing yourself?
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you have to lose, it can take time. No-one noticed my weight loss until over 30lb, and even then it was only those I hadn't seen for a while.

You didn't start that long ago, so the first few lbs would have been water, and the actual fat loss would have come from around your organs first - the most important place to lose it.

Picture comparison is the best way for when you are feeling disheartened. It's difficult to notice day to day but put a couple of pictures side by side and you will be shocked.
  • tomich54
    tomich54 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on where you were to begin w/. I was very overweight and it took me about 40 pounds before I could notice. My older sister who is in great shape can notice a 2-3 pound differance. Now that I have been losing weight and getting smaller I can notice it in as little as a few pounds. My theory on that is that the longer you do this, and excercise your more in tune w/ your body so you notice little changes more :wink: Just my theory!
  • jessikil
    jessikil Posts: 2
    Options
    I have lost a total of 39 pounds and I honestly don't feel I look different at all, but I am because I have gone down in a size and a half and I can move easier without being so out of breath. Maybe taking measurements would help you see where you are loosign the weight from.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    well done you are going in the right direction,you dont say what your starting weight was,if you have alot to loose it could be just that,you will see a difference as your weight goes down,well done to you this is some mighty start!:flowerforyou:
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    Well when i started here on 15th April i was 157lbs. Not massively overweight, but overweight. And now I'm 141lbs. I'd like to think you'd see a difference but I don't! If anything when I was looking in the mirror at the weekend my middle looks bigger! Although I'd had a big lunch yesterday so it could have been food baby I guess!
  • Celtic8Laoch
    Celtic8Laoch Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You lost 13lbs in one week or in total since you started?
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    Since i started. 13lbs in one week would be a miracle! lol. For me at least! :)
  • Freebird63
    Options
    I was asking myself this exact question this morning!! I still feel a bit bloated & flabby in the stomach - but then I put on a top that I hadn't worn in ages and I could see that it was a lot looser. I agree photos will be good - try to wear the same thing, stand in same place and then can compare better. As long as we keep losing then we will see the diference eventually. It's best to go slow and keep it off than the rapid loss & put it back on again lol
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Consider that about half of could will be water and the other half could have come off the fat surrounding your internal organs. I lost about 30lbs before I saw a slight difference, and only at 50+ with some strength training do I now really see a difference.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20lbs so far and really can't see a difference. I've not even gone down a dress size yet although my clothes are a little looser now. My engagement ring fits again so apparently I've lost weight in my fingers but who is going to notice that!
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    Cheers guys! It just gets a bit disheartening but I guess as long as the weight is coming off SOMEWHERE then it's better for me health wise! I suppose health should come before vanity but i'm so impatient. lol.
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    Sezmo, now you mention it my own rings have been feeling looser! I didn't think of finger fat!? lol. I forget that fat can deposit anywhere although I tend to focus on the normal areas like stomach and legs. But yeah...fingers! Even the back of my neck I suppose! lol. Its just not something that occured to me!