seem to be getting bigger and Im working hard!

Options
CatAMcC
CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
Ive been exercising quite a lot recently and only yesterday started with personal trainer.

How come my clothes are so tight and today my work clothes are feeling like they just about fit me?

I have been working hard last month yet sick of having it my legs especially and my stomach are bloated/swollen looking and having me wear pjs bottoms round house at moment as all trousers are tight!
Feeling so deflated

Replies

• CatAMcC
    Options
    I am also eating right and aiming for 1400 calories. Had tried 1200 but found this wasn't enough.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i would say eat more. youre netting only around 700-800 calories.
    and watch the sodium
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you just started working out whereas you weren't doing much prior, it is most likely water retention as the muscles tend to swell with water during the repair process, and this process is exaggerated when you are just getting into a new exercise routine. This tends to happen within the first month to about 6 weeks of a program, and it is also the time when many people give up because they expected to immediately drop size and pounds. Don't give up! Keep going and you will see results.
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    I been going to gym 5-6 days week since Christmas and was losing inches but the last while I seem to be going in reverse.
  • jessikil
    jessikil Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks for the information, I too have just started exercising (walking or eliptical) everyday from not doing any exercise. I feel like the scale should be dropping, but it has been holding steady-even gained 1/2 a pound. I next about 1100-1200 calories a day after exercise. My clothes feel great and loose- they already were a little just from the calorie reduction but feeling very frustrated!
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Take about 3 days off, relax and you'll be fine...
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    maybe day off but feel bad then not going in!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    does taking a day off not be bad as not working out and getting on top of things?

Rest days are beneficial if you are eating properly.