How do you record calories used in Manual Labor?

Options
This past weekend I found myself stripping a door. I hand sanded it, lifted it, carried it down and up a flight of stairs a number of times (It's about 50 lbs), my arms were jelly by the end and my legs were feeling pleasantly used. I slept like a baby, it was great! So I know it was a good work out in its own strange way....how in the world do I figure out the calories burnt on that one?

And for that matter, does anyone have good ideas on how to count yard work?
---
Updated: I looked up yard work calories burned in google and found a couple of sites with measurement databases.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-fitness-calorie-counter has 29 different yard work tasks in its search for "yard work". Answers seems to differ according to your own weight.

Replies

• LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is a great question. I'm going to start a new string asking something similar.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Your best bet would be to get a hrm with a chest strap. When I counted calories through mfp, its was alright but you burn different from day to day. Like I do hip hop abs, one day I could be burning 11 cals per minute, next it could be 8. So dont depend on a site or mfp, a hrm is your best bet. I have a sportline with chest strap, it was $60 for it, but so worth the money.