Oats for dinner??

Options
Shalini_15
Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
Hi, I am trying to cut down on carbs and keep my calorie goal from 1400 to 1500 cals. Would oats be a good option for dinner. I generally eat roti (Indian Bread) and any vegetable curry. If I take oats it would be one cup of oats, either with slim milk or a little spiced up. Please advise..

Replies

• sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Should be fine. Just make sure you eat veggies some other time as they are also full of fibre as well as other vitamins. I generally have oats for brekky with fruit as they help me feel full at the beginning of the day but i guess oats for brekkie is just a cultural thing
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Do you like oats? If so, have oats.
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't like oats, but i do like weetabix, and i think cereals are find for all through the day if they're filling.
    If i've been lower on my calories left them i'm supposed to, i'd have some for dinner :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    They're not particularly low-carb, though, are they? I'd stick with the vegetable curry, and just have a smaller piece of the roti.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I think Roti , veggies , fish and lean chicken is good for dinner...Oats would be too heavy in my opinion , but if you like it and its in your macros...you can have it...I go for low carb dinner...but mostly eat little rice to curb my craving...whatever suits you and makes you stick your plan!!I sleep just 2 hrs after my dinner...so I have light dinner..
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Och I loveee breakfast for dinner!
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love oats, full of fibre, classed as a superfood.. as long as they're within your calorie intact you can't really go wrong :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    They're not particularly low-carb, though, are they? I'd stick with the vegetable curry, and just have a smaller piece of the roti.
    I was wondering this as well.

If you want to keep carbs low pick something other than a grain/fruit/vegetable and eat meat/nuts/etc.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oats aren't a bad carb though.. may be tmi, but they go right through me, lol. And everything else seems to go along with it. Bless fibre.