One weird sweaty question......

Options
Maybe it is just this horrible hot weather we have been having but maybe not. It seems like since working out more I sweat more often! Like when i am not working out and just being outside or sometimes just doing stuff around the house. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    yup, all of a sudden I'm sweating and I'm not even doing anything that hard!!! no idea why all answers/suggestions/opinions welcome. (its worse for me when TOM is visiting!)
  • zackhanmom
    Options
    I, too, tend to sweat more after I've been doing the diet/exercise thing for awhile. I like to think it's because my metabolism is working higher than usual, because I'm forcing it into shape. Not too scientific, but that's my opinion.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Is the humidity high? It makes you sweat more.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Options
    the more athletic you become, the more efficient you are; and yes you will notice it more with everyday activity. part of the price of fitness.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Is the humidity high? It makes you sweat more.

Yes, it is humid but not in my house. I have the a/c on here. :/
  • baldric1331
    baldric1331 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    for me thought it might be different than you guys i sweat all the time and waiting to see a throid expert when i get an appointment as this will make you sweat a lot more, but for most do sweat more after working out ect a cold shower often helps though :P even more if toms around i guess
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I live in Florida....I'm always sweaty!!!! Okay.....so..that's probably not a good visual.....I take that back...I don't sweat..I perspire. LOL
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I, too, tend to sweat more after I've been doing the diet/exercise thing for awhile. I like to think it's because my metabolism is working higher than usual, because I'm forcing it into shape. Not too scientific, but that's my opinion.

That makes sense to me!!
  • browneyedmom
    Options
    Yes I think I PERSPIRE :) more now that I have started working out!! I hope that means my metabolism is working harder!!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida....I'm always sweaty!!!! Okay.....so..that's probably not a good visual.....I take that back...I don't sweat..I perspire. LOL

Actually can't believe I said that I sweat I tell the guys at work I glisten....not sweat. :)
  • browneyedmom
    Options
    :laugh:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Per the American College of Sports Medicine Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription:

"The physiological limit to volume of sweat produced varies by state of acclimation, by aerobic fitness, and genetically among individuals. Acclimation is a physiological adjustment that occurs naturally in conjunction with repeated exposure to exercise performed in a different environment. Acclimation to a heat environment increases rate of sweating, shortens onset time, and conserves sodium. Resulting benefits include reduced cardiovascular strain and lower core temperature for the same level of heat stress. Most improvement occurs over the initial 3-5 days, with smaller additional improvements over the subsequent 2 to 7 days."

So, seeing as how we are enjoying the heat of summer, after only 3-5 days of exercise in a warm environment, your body will start to sweat more to maintain core temperature and put less of a strain on your heart to do it. This is actually a benefit because it means that you are less likely to suffer from heat illness. I'd still recommend drinking plenty of water to make up for water loss from the sweat though.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I actually sweat less, and the heat seems to be more comfortable this sumer, as opposed to last summer. Of course removing a 60 lb blanket from yourself will do that.