Ripped in 30 - May 27

Options
Hi everyone,

I finished Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred on Friday and started Ripped in 30 yesterday (Sunday 26 May).

Feel free to join me if you are also doing (or would like to do) this workout dvd.

I am not sticking to the meal plan but am also doing some other exercise occasionally. I plan to do the DVD workouts 6 times per week.

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    I'm really interested in starting one of Jillian Michael's videos, but I haven't quite figured out which one would be best for me. Apparently a lot of people tend to do 30DS and then Ripped in 30. Any thoughts?
  • chipmunk_87
    chipmunk_87 Posts: 42
    Options
    I think a lot of people do 30DS first. I've only done one day of Ripped in 30 so far, but my impression is that Level 1 of Ripped in 30 is harder than Level 1 of 30 Day Shred, so perhaps its good to start with 30DS and then move to RI30?
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    What exactly IS 30DS? Is it mainly cardio, or is there some strength training as well?
  • chipmunk_87
    Options
    Both the DVDs are the same format: a warm-up, then 3 'circuits', each made up of 3 minutes strength training (push-ups, squats etc), 2 minutes cardio (jumping jacks, plank jacks etc) and 1 minute abs (crunchs, planks etc), then a cool-down. For both DVDs you need hand weights and a mat. They are pretty much the same but Ripped in 30 is slightly more varied and slightly more intense. You can watch 30DS on YouTube to get an idea of whats involved.
  • chipmunk_87
    Options
    Day 2 done! Its a little different to the Shred. I think Level 1 is easier than Level 3 of 30DS (especially the cardio) but harder than Level 1 30DS. Anyone else doing RI30 at the moment?
  • chipmunk_87
    Options
    Day 3 done. I did 3 circuits of No More Trouble Zones too. I really like it.
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    Hey again Chipmunk!
    I started RI30 yesterday. My lower back is sore today from all those bending moves!!
  • chipmunk_87
    Options
    Hi Amy! Fantastic, I'm on Day 4 today. Yeah, it really really gets into your back! The third circuit is the 'hardest' for me, and I really like the second. I've been doing little bits of No More Trouble Zones most days too - have you tried that?
  • Amy_Andrews
    Options
    I haven't tried any other Jillian DVDs. I bought RI30 a few months ago because it was on sale, having no intention of really doing it. I started the Shred 3 times and this last time was the only time I've ever finished it... silly me, if I had only done it when I first bought it maybe I wouldn't have gotten so chubby :)

But now that I'm hooked on JM again, I'll look into her other stuff too.

Everyone is trying to get me to do Insanity, which I've also "sampled" before, but I think I might just go with what's working.

My hubby bought a caliper to measure accurate body fat and that thing is SO unforgiving --- gets you right where you need it I guess. It measures 4 spots - the fat on the side of your belly, your tricep, bicep and right under your shoulder blade. Would No More Trouble Zones target those areas??? If so, I'm IN!!!
  • TiffanyNiles01
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Tiffany and I just finished Level 1 today of RI30. I would really like to know how you guys have been doing with it. Add me and we can keep each other motivated! :)
  • Amy_Andrews
    Options
    I'm starting Level 2 today... looks like a big jump from level one. We shall see...
    How is everyone else getting on???
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3, although I should probably start level 4 this week. Saturday I've done day 6 of level 3 and took a rest yesterday. My plan is actually to do another week of level 3 until I can keep up with all the moves. I find RI 30 much more challenging than 30DS.
  • mindovercakes
    mindovercakes Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have started level 3 today. OH MY GOD :noway: I was already really tired from a lot of arm work yesterday, so I think I felt it even more today. I have a rest day planned for tomorrow, and then arms again on Wed, so hoping to come back strong on Thurs.

In any event, I am really enjoying this program, even though I am spacing it a bit (I did the 30 day shred every single day before, and found that I ended up hating having no breaks, so am trying something different this time 'round), so it will probably take me 2 or 2.5 months to complete it. Definitely harder than 30ds, but not so difficult that you want to give in.

Feel free to add me!

Anna x
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've done two full weeks of Ripped in 30 week 3. I can now keep up with all the moves - and don't have to do the modified versions. Guess I must be brave and attempt week 4 now!
  • 243lee
    243lee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!
    i'm on level 2 of the 30DS and i m getting bored... took a few days off
    thinking of starting "RIPPED IN 30" tomarrow instead!
    add me for motivation :)

p.s
    is no more trouble zone cardio or toning?
    can i do it with RI30?

thankS!
    good luck!