Craving sweets... Tips?

Options
Hello all! This is mostly for the ladies. I'm almost at "my time of the month" and crave chocolate like crazy!!! Anyone have any ideas to get over this hump? Thanks a bunch!!!!

Replies

• Beckaroo94
    Beckaroo94 Posts: 66
    Options
    Eat fruit like satsumas, grapes bannanas. Drink cordial with low calorie lemonade. Drink low calorie energy drinks for the buzz. If you live in the uk, I find asda's own double strength suger free cordial, energy drink and pop is very tasty. The tropical rush especially. So sweet, you wouldn't think it's sugar free (or maybe no added sugar, not sure) I drink these when bored as they have like no calories in them.

If you do eat sweets, maybe just take your time and eat less, or eat lower calorie version, eg kit kat instead of a galaxy
  • coopers11
    coopers11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the worst sweet tooth!

I've found buying either a smaller bag - kid snack size or similar really helps. Or I have made up my own pop corn and sprinkle in a little sweetner. Delicious !!!
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You could factor in a few little sweeties - so long as you dont go over your daily limit too much ... a little bit of what we fancy is good for the soul :)

I would not recommend for every day though ...

Also Sugar Free Jelly and Evaporated Milk is a nice but not so naughty treat :)

jj x
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You could factor in a few little sweeties - so long as you dont go over your daily limit too much ... a little bit of what we fancy is good for the soul :)

I would not recommend for every day though ...

Also Sugar Free Jelly and Evaporated Milk is a nice but not so naughty treat :)

jj x

I also remembered that Asda do a sugar free Cocoa Powder ... great made up with some skimmed or semi skimmed milk and none sugar sweetner of your choosing :)

jj x
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My best “tools” when I manage to stick with them are:

85-90% chocolate – the bitterness limits to a small piece
    Frozen berries – I eat it frozen so the process is slow
    A cup of cocoa drink with unsweetened cocoa powder, with a sweetener and 50mil of milk it is only about 50 calories
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    I add vitarium chocolate powder (it's basically chocolate natvia/stevia) to my yogurt, oatmeals, on bananas, hot chocolate etc.
    Also almond dark Chocoate, very satisfying :)
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Tea with a little almond milk and stevia. I like cinnamon and ginger. Or mix some cocoa powder in with your coffee or some milk and sweetener of choice. I put cocoa powder in everything. It's good for you :)
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have an awful sweet tooth! When I am craving chocolate I usually eat one square of Lindt 70% cacao. It is sooooo satisfying and only has 53 calls per serving. I also eat fruit when I am craving general sweets, but when I want chocolate, it's gotta be the real thing!
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    Also if I'm REALLY craving something naughty that's specific like Oreos or snickers bar, ill take 1/2 if what I would eat of it and pop it in some oatmeal! Yes really! 1/2 a snickers or 2 Oreos is less than I would eat if I was just eating those things, but out it in oatmeal and it goes alot further! Also fills me up so I don't want more :)
  • Tarantula920
    Tarantula920 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas!!!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Have a piece of chocolate. Seriously. For me it's worse if I try to find alternatives, I end up eating more and not being satisfied. Trader Joes has 100 calorie bars that are delicious.
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'll get a little chocolate and eat it with a some raisins. For some reason the raisins are more satisfying than just the chocolate alone, and I can stop after a little bit. If I eat plain chocolate I would eat it all day!
  • pineneedles
    pineneedles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat skinny cow ice cream bars or sandwiches when I want something sweet. At 100 or 150 calories, I can fit one or two into my daily allotment :D
  • PurpleHippieDippie
    Options
    I find a handful of jelly beans fulfills my sweet cravings. They are so sweet I can only eat a small amount of them and though they are pure sugar they are fat free and not too bad calorie wise.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    There are new Jiff Whips... they are like 130 calories for 2 Tbs and they are aweome with fruit! I just found it today at the store... I also just allow myself sweets all the time into my calories, ESPECIALLY the week before TOM .
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    just make sure you don't have anything in the house that you could demolish - like a box of oreos, 1.5 Liter ice cream, etc. If you have treats around the house just keep really small quantities around.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    100 CAL COOKIE SNACK PACKS
    FRUIT
    SKINNY COW MINT ICECERAM SANDWICH
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate works good for me
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Pretzel M&Ms.
    Smarties
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    organic dark chocolate, preferably 70% cocoa. The flavor is so intense you can only eat little bits.