Question for ladies re: Seasonale and weight gain

Options
Kinda an embarrassing question...but hoping some of you have some dealings with Seasonale and can offer some advise. I started taking this in January in order to avoid having the dreaded period while I was on vacation in Las Vegas. I took it for 8 weeks and literally cramped and spotted every single day!! Hated the stuff!

I didn't gain any weight while taking it, but have packed on 20 pounds literally since stopping. I gained 15 the first month and 5 the next. My question, is it possible that the pill has done something with my hormones making it hard to lose the weight? I have been working very hard at watching my intake and I have started back running...I lost 2 pounds the first week ( yay!) but gained 3 back the next. What's your thoughts? ( note- I am not new to the weight loss thing, I lost nearly 40 pounds last year)

Wondering if I should check with my doctor or if I just need to work harder.

Replies

• 2old2befat
    2old2befat Posts: 21
    Options
    Nobody?
  • anitsyrk
    anitsyrk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

To answer your question, I dont think that there would be lasting effects if you have discontinued your use of sesonale after only 8 weeks. And regardless theres nothing concrete to suggest even if you continued it that it would have any influence on weight.

I am currently on it and have been on it almost a year now, the cramping etc you experienced seems the norm for starting up with it but it definitely gets better.

I dont know how it truly affects weight (gain or loss) or if it does at all because hormones are different in each woman with different results.

I would like to blame my awful inability to lose the 15 pounds that has crept up the passed year / year and a half on it but truly I cannot say its due to the pill. Before sesonale i was on many others since 2008...

I am considering dropping it and seeing how things go.. but the whole pattern of getting off a pill and starting a new one or one in general is not fun so ill have to weight the pros and cons

but again, I dont believe your experience would lead to lasting after effects