NEW to MFP

Options
I am very excited to get started ......any advice would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• KLuyk
    KLuyk Posts: 19
    Options
    I am just getting started on this website! I've got a lot of weight to lose...am hoping for once I will stick to this! Should I start with a small goal or the whole 130? Any advice would be great. Thanks!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find lots of support and advice here. I believe you have to have goals, but determining what they should be is personal. Here's what I did -- my goal was to log everything I ate for 30 days. As it turned out, holding myself accountable enabled me to lose weight!! I now make sure I log every day! Mine is one approach - there are as many as there are members. Do what feels good for you.
  • MidLifeMama
    Options
    I have an overall goal, but I have shorter term "milestones" that keep me motivated and excited. I met my first one 4 days ago! 11 lbs to my next mini-celebration. Yay US!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    welcome,
    this is a great site with alot of motivation and encouragement. I think it is easier to set mini goals and focus on the next goal. The total goal seems overwhelming and out of reach, but I can make it to 20lbs. Do what seems to work best for you. You should also take your measurements and then do it once a month. sometimes you will loose inches even if you arent loosing too many pounds and this will help to keep you motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend. We can do this, just jot down your food and exercise everyday and dont give up
  • NancyOb
    NancyOb Posts: 4
    Options
    Logging everything I eat could be an eye opener....Thanks I'll get it a try. I have 35 lbs to shed so every day makes a difference
  • KLuyk
    KLuyk Posts: 19
    Options
    I just started too and need to lose that much too! I like it so far and my friend used this and lost a lot of weight! Good luck!
  • 2burn
    2burn Posts: 32
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm a newbie too :)
  • 06fusion4us
    Options
    Do not lie to yourself in your log. We all had that wakeup call the first week. Remember that this is not a temporary program, but lifestyle change. Welcome and good luck on the journey! You can do it!!!!