Injured and Frustrated

Options
Hey All,

My name is Amber and I am a new member to this website. I have definitely seen it around the internet, but am now getting involved with it by making an account. I have a friend who also uses it, and I added her - we hope to hold each other accountable and use it regularly... at least I do!

I am just so very nervous about starting this journey (as I'm sure many are and/or have been). I think that I am afraid of the potential failure. But the thing is, I know that I'll be successful if I try! I have been before! I had a terrible injury (which resulted in several surgeries), and I had to learn how to walk again. I fell dependent on delivery and fast food for a while, and I let that carry over to now, when I am fully capable of making better choices and cooking for myself. I've just become lazy and scared, so I hide behind laziness since it's 'easy' and I deceive myself.

There's so much more to add, but mainly I wanted to reach out to the community. To share and invest a bit into an entry so that I have more of an incentive to keep coming back and putting in the hard work and effort. I'd like to meet people through here, to build a support network. To 'mentor' and be 'mentored'.

Maybe it sounds silly, but I just wanted to open up a little. So hi. :) I look forward to getting to know you.

Replies

• craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This is a great website, you will find encouragement, motivation and alot of help in your journey. This is a new lifestyle of eating for all of us. We can't eat what we use to eat and have to learn the new way of eating sensibly!! Good Luck!
  • velodreams
    Options
    Hi Sweetie, i identify with your story. You're in the right place! Thanks for posting. Add me as a friend. We can keep each other accountable. I ate so much fast food this year. But since a month ago, I started eating healthy--lots of inflammation-fighting foods as my fitness journey was motivated by joint & back pain. It's hard, especially at first, but once you get momentum, you start believing in yourself more. It's def worth it! You can do it, girl!
  • SkipABeat1983
    Options
    Thanks, y'all! It is hard and intimidating. I know HOW to get in shape and be healthy, it's just a matter of DOING it. But I know we all know that. Thank you so much for the encouragement!