How long does it take to start seeing changes?

Options
Hey, guys. Just wanted to get some advice on something. How long should it take for me to start seeing changes? My cousin constantly tells me it took over a year of dieting and working out for him and suddenly he started seeing changes; that can't be right can it? My daily caloric intake is 2170 calories. I do an hour of moderate cardio a day, which apparently burns off around 746 calories. My BMR is 2327.95, which doesn't seem right to me but there you go.

Anyway, what do you think?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    It took two or three months before changes were noticeable. By then I had lost 10% of body weight.
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    About 2 months for me, and by then I'd lost ~9% of my body weight.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you start losing the weight from first. I lost mine first in arms and upper chest so those areas weren't as noticeable then say if you lose your stomach area first.
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have been told it takes about
    2.5 months for you to notice.
    3.5 months for your friends to notice, and
    5 months for others to notice.

Unfortunately it goes on a lot easier than it comes off, and when it comes off it comes off in the odd places first.
  • MIGHTYMOUSE187
    MIGHTYMOUSE187 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you are burning almost 800 calories a day and sticking to your intake it should'nt take you two months to start seeing results I think you should see something in thirty days. Thie thing to remember is everyone is different. Keep at it man. I new to this too.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    The secret to seeing results is to take before and monthly pictures that you can compare side by side. Little things can pass you by if you don't look for them. You should be able to see a difference in photos in the first month and most months after till you come close to your goal.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you start losing the weight from first. I lost mine first in arms and upper chest so those areas weren't as noticeable then say if you lose your stomach area first.

^^ This is me too. I do see and feel some subtle differences, but yeah, through my upper chest and neck. Take some photos and measurements, too. I can't believe how much I've lost off my neck! More than I realized, just looking at it, and it continues to go down.
  • csm2010
    csm2010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree! Take pictures. There were times where I felt "whats the use" but I saw the progress pictures and it changed my attitude! I started lifting weights with the Jamie Eason Live Fit program and after 8 weeks could see the difference. But takes pictures!! And just stick to it- there is no "finish line." It's a lifestyle so just stay with it : )
    Oh and I ditched my scale- this helps from getting depressed with numbers, I focus on how I feel.
  • JLilly1994
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Good advice, too. I'll do the photo comparison thing for sure :D
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    I was told that it takes about 10% of the body weight lost before people start noticing and that was pretty accurate for me. I started at 340 so I was pretty bummed when I lost 20lbs and nobody was noticing but once I his the 35lbs loss people started really commenting.