What are your favorite healthy snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• lambocj
    lambocj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love the Vitatop corn ----tastelike sweet cornbread muffin! Have you tried the new apple crumb one or the chocolate peanut butter one? curious if they are really good or not??:happy:
  • redbedhead
    Options
    2 slices of lunch meat wraped around a vlasic dill pickle!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    ak-mak cracker with hummus (or by itself!)
    Fresh blueberries
    grated carrots with a dash of Newman's Own Ginger Sesame dressing.... I don't know how I didn't know about this salad dressing before!

and, for a truly decadent treat Cocoa Roast Almonds (I get the 100 cal pack because I'm pretty sure I would have limited self control if I bought the large container.) It's just enough chocolate for me.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Cocoa roasted almonds
    Pickles
    Black olives and cheese
    Cucumbers and ranch dressing
    Sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese with pepper sprinkled on it.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Vita muffins rock and they come in a dozen flavors, ranging from chocolate, bran, banana, and oats. I also enjoy mini flavored rice cakes- sweet or salty. Pickles are yummy too!!! :)

Sound yummy, I want to pick some up today. I super love mini rice cakes too...especially when I'm cravy something like chips! Pickles, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, and green olives are my favorite favorite salty food!!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I love my "moc-a-mole" with baked corn chips.

Use 1/2 of an avacado, smash it up with 1 cup of peas (thawed), zest and juice of a lime, and chopped cilantro. Its that simple. Its also good smeared on chicken or a veggie burger or to make a grilled cheese sandwich with. I usually add some diced red onion or shallots and you could add some diced tomato as well.

That sounds delicious. I loooooooove anything that has avacado in it, and have TON'S of different mixture that I like to make using them, but not like this. I'm defenitly gonna give it a try! Thank you!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hmmm... these all sound sooo good!!! =)

My fave's are:

*Coles Organic Sweet and Salty Popcorn
    **Mixed Sultanas and nuts (unsalted of course)
    ***Carrots or Celery dipped in hummus!
    ****Fresh Fruit!! =)

<3 Megs

Hummus, yummmmmy, found this really delicious jalapeno, spinach and artichoke hummus...mmmm was it good. The combo didn't sound so appealing at first, that's why I bought it. It ended up being SOOOO GOOD!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    A cup of nonfat plain yogurt with a tbsp of strawberry preserves and a 1/4 cup of Bear Naked's granola topped with some fresh blueberry's. Plums are also a favorite of mine. I also like a good protein shake. =0)

Thank you, I actually eat non-fat strawberry yogart with granola too, but the strawberries are already mixed in to my yogart. BLUEBERRY'S MMMMMMMMMMMMM! :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    2 slices of lunch meat wraped around a vlasic dill pickle!

Interesting, I like a slice of lunch meat wrapped around a half a slice of Havarti or Muenster cheese, spinach a slice of tomatoe and a small drizzle of Vidalia Onion Vinagerette. mmmm
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Cocoa roasted almonds
    Pickles
    Black olives and cheese
    Cucumbers and ranch dressing
    Sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese with pepper sprinkled on it.

Mmmm the sliced tomatoes sounds REALLY REALLY SCRUMPTIOUS!!
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Hmmmmmm......

Fresh fruits and berries
    Frozen blueberries!
    Raw almonds
    Roasted soy nuts
    Homemade smoothies (strawberries, blueberries, cherries, rasberries, blackberries, mixed with pomegranate juice)
    Green Tea (not really a snack I know, but its a better alternative to drinking juice or soda when I'm sick of plain water)
  • rtctfield
    Options
    I throw a handful of seedless grapes in the freezer for an hour or so. It makes for a great refreshing snack on these hot days! I tried to freeze baggies a few days in advance, but the color and texture changed some.
  • kayleigh333
    Options
    Chopped strawberries with vanilla yogurt poured over them... my mouth's watering just thinking about it!

On days when I've had a big breakfast I'll eat a whole punnet of strawberries like this for a light, healthy lunch. Sometimes I'll add some chopped banana or kiwi as well.
  • stephensrp4100
    Options
    Broccoli florets with a tbsp of light ranch, Quaker Chocolate Drizzle 90 calories mini delights, a rubyred grapefruit cut in half with a slight (less than a tsp) sprinkle of sugar on it.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    almonds
    dried apricots
  • makeupangel
    Options
    :tongue: :tongue: tart apples w/ better than peanut butter
    celery w/laughing cow (love the garlic & herb)
    sugar-free cherry jello & almonds
    red peppers & hummus

just to name a few :tongue:
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you like Wheat Thins you should try Wheatables crackers...I love them! (and the box even recommends them over wheat thins lol)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I throw a handful of seedless grapes in the freezer for an hour or so. It makes for a great refreshing snack on these hot days! I tried to freeze baggies a few days in advance, but the color and texture changed some.

Ooooh I do that with my blueberries...I love them frozen!!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    If you like Wheat Thins you should try Wheatables crackers...I love them! (and the box even recommends them over wheat thins lol)

Really, thanks I'll look into them? Is that because of calories and what not, or just flavor?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    :tongue: :tongue: tart apples w/ better than peanut butter
    celery w/laughing cow (love the garlic & herb)
    sugar-free cherry jello & almonds
    red peppers & hummus

just to name a few :tongue:

Mmmmmm LOVE JELLO!!! and the laughing Cow cheese...Garlic and Herb, DELICIOUS.If you haven't tried the Lite French onion, try it, it's sooooooo good!