yonanas?

Options
I'm thinking of getting a yonana machine. But is it really as great as everyone says? Would I be able to add things that aren't frozen fruit such as choc chips, peanut butter, or protein powder? Or would that mess up the machine?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump?
  • christied829
    Options
    bump, I'd love to know too!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    No idea. But I want one too, so I'm curious to hear from people who have one
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't waste money on the machine to be honest, unless you don't already have a blender or food processor. I just freeze bananas, and when I'm ready to use them, I slice them up, put them in my blender with a little unsweetened almond milk, greek yogurt, PB2, and Truvia and blend until smooth. I stop it maybe once or twice to push it around, and it takes about 30 seconds.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    CRAZY I am eating Banana and Blueberry Yonanas right NOW!!! I was just going to post about the wonders of this machine If you dont have one GET one AWESOME And it is worth the money and there is a difference between it and using a blender!!!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    My nanas what?! Don't talk about my nanas!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about buying one also, since ice cream is one of my temptations. So I'm curious to see what people think about them.
  • fwinnower
    fwinnower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    CRAZY I am eating Banana and Blueberry Yonanas right NOW!!! I was just going to post about the wonders of this machine If you dont have one GET one AWESOME And it is worth the money and there is a difference between it and using a blender!!!

I agree that it is better than a blender/food processor. It comes out smoother and more ice cream-like, and it takes less time. You can definitely add in peanut butter and chocolate chips. You can also do sorbet with frozen berries and no bananas.

I've thought about freezing cubes of plain or vanilla yoghurt and throwing them in. I'm worried it might gum up the machine though -- anyone tried that?
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    If you try the yogurt, let us know how it goes! I like using greek yogurt to get extra protein.

Would you be able to add powdered peanut butter?

How is the texture different? My texture with the blender is more like soft serve. Is it firmer with the yonanas?
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I got my machine and tried it for the first time last night. I did 2 frozen bananas and some PB2 (powdered peanut butter) I added the pb2 afterwards since I'm afraid about breaking the machine. Just stirred it all together and it was amazing!! I loved it so much that I've decided to invest in a deep freeze for more room for frozen fruit.