Hi everyone! How are you losing the weight?

Options
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to see how everyone was losing their weight. I've tried multiple weight-loss programs and MFP, and have had success and failure with them all.

Is anyone doing Take Shape for Life? I am on week 11 and down over 35 pounds and over 4 pant sizes. I am learning health habits for life, and it has been life-chagning for me. I track a few things on MFP for myself, although not necessary for the program. Anyone try this, have experience and success?

If anyone wants more info I'd love to share. What are you doing to lose the weight and get healthy?

Good luck everyone!

~Jen

Replies

• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Most of the time (for me at least) eating programs don't work. You can't maintain those programs forever. I am simply changing how I view food, exercise and life. I am doing C25K, Stronglifts 5x5 and the 30DS. I am eating under my calories and focusing on lower sugars and useless starches. I am using the motivation here as well as the diary to keep me on the path. Only been at it about 3 weeks but am loving it!

Add me if you like, and anyone else can, too.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Small calorie deficit . Weight training. Weigh all my food. Walking.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Trying to eat healthier, and drink lots of water. Exercising 5 days a week. I am doing body gospel dvd program, and wed I will start doing Turbo fire once a week with my church.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yep. This.
  • Mosley35
    Mosley35 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am tracking my calories, eating more fruit and veggies, and trying to get in some exercise. I am on a budget and I have to do something that I will be able to do for the rest of my life.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Eating at TDEE-20%, walking 4-6miles daily. Just lost my 25th lb. Since February.
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    not a fan of any of those meal plans or fad diets. Just exercise and watch would you eat and fuel your body with..which this site is great for letting you know exactly how good or bad things are for you.
  • brandenburg1999
    brandenburg1999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am tracking my calories, eating more fruit and veggies, and making my main goal to get in a minimum of 30 mins exercise everyday. I want to do something that I will be able to do for the rest of my life as I don't want this to be a diet but a lifestyle change. I want to overall be healthier and happier. I know by loosing some weight it will really help with my self esteem.

Can anyone advise me of a way to increase my protein level without a ton of extra calories?
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    All programs work and all of them on which you failed would have worked if you had simply stuck with them.

Cloburn is right, programs don't work unless you stick with the programs for the rest of your life. That is why some programs put "LIfe" in their names.

Not to burst your bubble but although "Take Shape for Life" is working for you now, when you get off of that program, you will gain the weight back (unless you start another program). Then, you will be claiming that program didn't work.

You can lose weight in many, many ways but at the end of the day keeping weight off is simply burning at least as much energy that you take in.

(Drops mic and walks off stage.)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I'm measuring everything, eating at a deficit, getting up off my butt and moving. Doing something I can stick with forever eat less, move more.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I was using the TDEE -20% method, lost most the weight and now usung TDEE -12% and lifting weights for those last few pounds of fat.

I try to measure/weigh everything I eat. get a kitchen scale if you don't have one already
  • gaybic1
    gaybic1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a 52 year old, professional female. I have been working towards being healthier for the last 6 months or so. My goal is to loose 20 more pounds ( I have lost 12 so far) and be healthier overall. I am eating a generally healthy, flexitarian type diet, organic when possible, & increasing my water intake. I do some exersise of a morning and some treadmil of an eveining. I avoid processed foods and fast food, do not drink pop and do not use artificial sweetners. I regret waiting so long to decied to be healthier, but better late than never, for sure! I am looking forward to meeting more people my age who are looking for a healthier lifestyle.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    reasonable calorie deficit...I try to do little things here and there to improve my NEAT and workout for my fitness and to increase my TDEE (so I can chow down)
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Eating TDEE minus 25%, Strong Lifts 5*5 3 times a week, walk, badminton, bikeride, pushmow grass, run after 18 month old.... Macros are 35/35/30 carbs/protein/fat... Just started June 1st. I was doing other things before and wanted to change up the eating...
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

This
  • katiej080810
    Options
    What is Take Shape for Life? I have just been counting calories on mfp. I was a member of WW for a long time but never really lost a lot of weight, although I know it does work if you stick with it. I just got tired of paying for it. I like this website and through various fad diets I have learned that all you really need to do is eat right and exercise...just what the doctors always say and so simple!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eat right and exercise.

Exercise varies with my mood and the season - Zumba, Turbo Fire, weights, calisthenics, hiking, biking, jogging, resistance bands, jump rope, step aerobics

Diet - I don't follow a specific diet but my diet most closely resembles a Mediterranean Diet - lots of veggies, beans, fish, lean meats, whole grains and olive oil. Mostly home cooked meals from fresh ingredients.
  • mypassion12
    mypassion12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well I am on day one of my weight loss but so far I have done a bunch of workouts and so far I have only had 1/2 cup of blueberries and lately I have been taking a pill called Phentermine that helps me not be as hungry as much. In the first 3 weeks I lost 2 pounds. This Thursday I am going back to the doctors office to weigh in so I am not 100% sure my exact weight just yet.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I am tracking my calories, eating more fruit and veggies, and trying to get in some exercise. I am on a budget and I have to do something that I will be able to do for the rest of my life.

This!^

"Something I will be able to do for the rest of my life" ..... eating more whole foods, tracking calories and exercising. Nothing pre-packaged or extreme is going to help me in the long run. Lifestyle changes are long run.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I am just really watching my food intake, carbs, salty foods, just eating 4 times a day, lots of fruit and veggies, natural foods and walking too. Lots of water