I am the new smokin hot girl hiding behind this fat

katinab916
katinab916 Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hey, Just wanted to say hi and put myself out there. I've just started this 2 days ago and even though I'm doing good. I'm super tired from the newness of working out. Quick question.....Do we have to try to consume all the calories we are aloted?

Replies

• onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Welcome! You will find a lot of support here. I am new too. I am not sure if you need to consume all the calories you gained back from exercise. I try not to but that is just me. I feel like why would I excercise and then eat back the calories I just burned. But that just me. Good luck!
  • ab2625
    ab2625 Posts: 4
    In order to fuel your body with all the nutrients it needs, you should be consuming at least 1200-1300 calories a day. Eat if you're hungry and be sure to include lots of protein (to help you feel full) because if you are starving and miserable you'll never stick with it! Good luck and keep up the good work!!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Hi Guys,

You do need to try and eat your exercise calories! =)

MFP calculates how many calories you need to eat and it has already taken into account that you want to loose weight...

Read these links!! They explain it alot better than I can!!! =)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Cheers
    Megs
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Hey welcome yall!
    It is actually really important you try to eat back your exercise calories. MFP has already figured out how much of a calorie deficit you should be at. If you go lower than that by not eating exercise calories, you will eventually find your body has gone into starvation mode, and that's the last thing you want!

Read the threads that are already around about eating exercise calories, and starvation mode.

Best wishes!
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    If you have alot of weight to lose then you should NOT eat your exercise calories. Only eat your exercise calories if you dont have alot to lose. Your body will go into starvation mode and hold to the fat if you dont have alot to lose therefore you have to eat more calories to fuel the body instead of the body using the muscle as its source of energy. But if you have plenty of stored fat as I do then a 1200 calorie diet should be just fine!
  • Thanks all for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.