My scale is driving me crazy ! Need some advice ...

Options
Anyone in the same situation !

I have a numeric scale from weight watchers and my weight is constantly fluctuating ! I can gain 3 pounds in 20 minutes and I am heavier in the morning than at night ... I think its weird !

Should I buy a classic scale ? Is the classic scale or the numeric scale closer to the doctor's scale ?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Could be a problem from an unstable surface. Or just a bad scale.

If you're weighing before bed, go to sleep, and show a gain immediately after getting up, you're getting inaccurate info for sure.
  • wanttolose62
    Options
    Put the scale in a cabinet and only bring it out once a week. I used to jump on it every chance I got because it was right there in plain sight in the bathroom. It drove me crazy too.

I had to move the darn thing out to the garage to get it away from me or I would have let it decide on my mood and outlook each day.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Bring it out, weigh yourself once and ONLY once, then put it back in the cabinet.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Put the scale in a cabinet and only bring it out once a week. I used to jump on it every chance I got because it was right there in plain sight in the bathroom. It drove me crazy too.

I had to move the darn thing out to the garage to get it away from me or I would have let it decide on my mood and outlook each day.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Bring it out, weigh yourself once and ONLY once, then put it back in the cabinet.

ITA. It will drive you less nuts if you weigh in once a week first thing in the morning and then put it away. There's no need to weigh in throughout the day. Fluctuations are normal and will only upset you if you let yourself see them all the time.
  • zaza9999
    zaza9999 Posts: 8
    Options
    I think the surface is not the problem since have been moving it around the house a lot and its the same everyehere ... Think it is just a bad scale and Im going to buy another one ...

But you are right I sould not weight myself every day and Im going to try to put it somewhere I dont see it ...

It really made my last week painfull, and I got addict to it, this weeking I as weigthing myself every hour !
  • zaza9999
    zaza9999 Posts: 8
    Options
    Should I buy another numeric scale or an old style scale ?
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfectly normal to me. Everyone has weight differences throughout the day, sometimes as much as 5 lbs. Hence the reason you should only be weighing in 1 time a week. You usually do weigh more in the evenings, so my guess there is nothing wrong with your scale.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfectly normal to me. Everyone has weight differences throughout the day, sometimes as much as 5 lbs. Hence the reason you should only be weighing in 1 time a week. You usually do weigh more in the evenings, so my guess there is nothing wrong with your scale.

I agree with this.