30 Day Shred (but only on the weekdays!)

Options
I am doing it :)

I know there are other posts like this, but I didn't start on June 1st.
The weekends are the only time I really get to spend time with my boyfriend in LI. I stay active but the way his room is set up, I have no space to workout. It's okay because I am also doing my 30 day squat challenge which is killing my legs :)

30 Day Shred Monday-Friday.

2 weeks of level one (10 days)
2 weeks of level two (10 days)
2 weeks of level three (10 days)

I am 5'4.5
I am currently 133.6lbs

As you can see Monday-Friday with the weekends being "rest" days from 30DS. I encourage other physical activity.

I'm hoping to find other people who are on a Monday-Friday schedule and are willing to do this with me.

I'd like to use this thread to keep track and also feel free to add me.

I am motivated, but I want to make sure I don't ever blow it off. I won't want to let you guys down, so let's do it!!! I suppose I should take a picture later.

Replies

• jsquash
    jsquash Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do this too. I have only done it 3 days sporadically over the last week so far. I was telling myself this morning that I am going to buckle down and do this every morning before work until I have done the whole 30 days, starting today. The only time I have to do the program is on the weekdays before work. I have an infant and a toddler and travel a lot on the weekends and it is very hard for me to juggle everything and find the time to workout. I am starting out on level 2 since I already worked out regularly before starting the dvd and I have found that it is challenging just enough. I am going to do level 2 for 15 days and level 3 for 15 days (if I can handle it). I took before pictures and I will post my results at the end.

I am 5'6, 146 pounds currently

Let's do it! :)
  • mandeeluvsme
    Options
    What exercises does the 30 Day shed consist of?
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do this too. I have only done it 3 days sporadically over the last week so far. I was telling myself this morning that I am going to buckle down and do this every morning before work until I have done the whole 30 days, starting today. The only time I have to do the program is on the weekdays before work. I have an infant and a toddler and travel a lot on the weekends and it is very hard for me to juggle everything and find the time to workout. I am starting out on level 2 since I already worked out regularly before starting the dvd and I have found that it is challenging just enough. I am going to do level 2 for 15 days and level 3 for 15 days (if I can handle it). I took before pictures and I will post my results at the end.

I am 5'6, 146 pounds currently

Let's do it! :)

Sounds good! I am also doing it before work. Today is an exception because I came from boyfriends to work. Whenever this happens I'm going to do it in the evening.

I'm going to see what level 1 is like and possibly move on to two since I've been going to the gym.

30 DS is basically circuit training
  • SarahG2013
    SarahG2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30DS today! I tried the program before but ended up quitting a few days into Level 2 (just lost the motivation to do it). Doing it on the weekdays works the best for me, so I'm definitely in!

I'm 5'8" and 157 lbs. Will be taking measurements today, and after the 30 days.
  • likechip
    likechip Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! I'm also using the weekend as rest days to spend time with the bf ;) In addition I'm doing the 30 day squat/crunches/planks challenge. As far has the 30DS goes, I've done level one before, but never continued onward. I'm hoping to finish it 100% this month. Good luck to us both! Add me if you want.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am on the same schedule.I need my weekends to relax and enjoy my family.I'm doing daily walking as well to kinda make up for the two rest days.Should we all check in every two weeks or weekly?

5'2
    SW 185
    CW 170
    GW 110
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of a weekend? LOL I'm starting today, but my schedule is really weird because I work 24 hours on and 72 hours off. Hopefully that will put me ending the 30 days about the same time as everyone else.

I just took my stats and pics...was pretty scary!
    5'4
    149.2 lbs
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Ok guys we can do this! and hey it can be on what you consider your weekday!

I say weekly check in with everyone welcome to post along the way.

I'm definitely going to update everyone on how tonight goes.
  • Sarabelle43
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing, starting today. Same situation, actually, that I'm at BF's on the weekend and can't do 30DS then. We do do decent runs (5+ miles), so it's not all rest... but yeah. Friend me! :)
  • ncmedic201
    Options
    What day do you want to do check-in's?
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing, starting today. Same situation, actually, that I'm at BF's on the weekend and can't do 30DS then. We do do decent runs (5+ miles), so it's not all rest... but yeah. Friend me! :)

Yes same here!!! we'd usually run or bike on the weekend. Though lately it seems we've been crazy busy but at least getting stuff done.

What do you guys think? A Friday maybe?
  • jazzyrose15
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow. I've started it before but I kept giving up a couple of days in. I just need the motivation to get up and do it in the morning.
  • sapsjmgirl
    sapsjmgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm In.

Started Day 1 on May 31st. Will get back on schedule today. Weekends are really busy for me.

It is so hard to get motivated to wake up 30 mins early to finish shred in the morning.

It is a little hard to do it after work when you are tired.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys!

Yeah it can be tough. I need to wake up early before work (especially because I walk to work 1.6 miles, not bad).

Also I know I will be tired tonight, but we have to remember that having a rockin' bod isn't easy, but boy is it worth it!!! Also, the more we get into the routine the less exhausting it will feel.
  • ncmedic201
    Options
    Completed (well mostly) day 1...that kicked my butt!
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Got mine done two. It sucks pairing with the squat challenge bc my legs were pretty much fine but either way I did it :) now to wake up early and do it again. I didn't feel like taking pics. Long day. I'll force myself tomorrow.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    excuse my typos

too*
  • ncmedic201
    Options
    Completed day 2...I don't think I can walk
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    KEEP IT UP GUYS!!!! I'm doing Day 3 tonight. I've also struggle walking lol, but I'm sure that's my squat challenge at work. I'm feeling my arms!
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Day 4 down.

Remember guys, check in tomorrow!