Tips for quitting smoking cigs without weight gain...

Options
Hey people! I am planning on quitting smoking real soon, but I am worried about gaining weight. Any suggestions to help me quit and continue to lose weight? Thank you!

Replies

• ashleylynn8888
    ashleylynn8888 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what route you plan on going as far as quitting but I had amazing success with Zyban. I had tried the patch( three times), cold turkey, and Chantix (twice) in the past with little to no luck. I gained weight with each attempt but actually lost weight with the Zyban. Good luck!!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    been successful (so far..) with the electronic cigarette - just stepped down another level and i'm now at zero nicotine...not sure how its gonna go when I attempt to give up the e-cig, but so far so good....and since I still have something in my hand I haven't had issues yet w/wanting food in my hands instead...we shall see how it goes...I figure even if I gain a few pounds back, its still way way better for my health than smoking.
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I chew gum a lot now. I quit with chantix and didn't gain weight, but I stepped up my running which is the reason I wanted to quit in the first place.