Fresh fruit

Options
Okay so I'm really trying hard to eat clean and snack on fruit instead of junk but here's the problem, should I be concerned about all the natural sugar in fruit? I feel like my sugar intake is still way too high but it's mostly from fruit??

Replies

• Susancasement
    Susancasement Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just saw the post below about sugars in fruit. Thanks for the help
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the sugar in fruit unless you are Diabetic.

Personally I got rid of my sugar column in my diary as I like fruit and it was always way over.
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that. I just took mine out too for the same reason. I do have the downfall of having a sweet tooth, but I have been really good lately and all i do is eat some fruit and then my sugar is over :mad:
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was just looking on here to find answers about sugar intake. I ate 1 granny smith apple and have gone over the sugar allotment for the day, but still need to eat 1,000 calories. How is that even possible? I thought an apple would be good for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition that warrants worrying about it, don't worry about it. The recommendation for sugar is based on the AHA's recommendation for ADDED/REFINED sugar.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the sugar in fruit unless you are Diabetic.

Personally I got rid of my sugar column in my diary as I like fruit and it was always way over.

not true to much of anything is bad for you. you can get diabetes from eating to many grapes just like you can get it from eating to much candy or any other kind of sugar.

moderation is key with everything, to much of anything can damage your body even the cleanest of clean foods
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I was just looking on here to find answers about sugar intake. I ate 1 granny smith apple and have gone over the sugar allotment for the day, but still need to eat 1,000 calories. How is that even possible? I thought an apple would be good for me.

recommendation is for ADDED/REFINED sugar, it does not include sugars from natural sources like fruit and veg. I hardly think an apple a day is the cause of the obesity epidemic. Eat your apple...it is good for you.