weight while on your period??

Options
I don't know if it's okay to gain weight while on your period, stay the same.... but not lose in the first couple days?? should I be mad at myself for a 2 lb gain first day on??.... man I really feel crappy now :cry:

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    aw! not to worry! if you're staying within your calorie range for the days, i can guarantee it's only water weight. ignore that two pound gain, and see what happens in a week from now! i ALWAYS gain weight from having my period, but it always goes away right after those first couple of days.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I agree with Nikki....so long as you're watching your calories and working out like usual, you're fine! Most of us bloat, and that goes away and so will those two pounds.

Just remember, it can be tempting to skip the work out or indulge a craving (chocolate, for instance) but the working out actual helps with cramps and gives you the endorphins that chocolate might give you otherwise! :flowerforyou:
  • tina_011794
    Options
    I posted on this just the other day and most of the woman gained, some up to 7lbs. So hang tight. They all said they lost it, plus some, by the end of the week!
  • mlorang
    mlorang Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd skip the weigh-ins while that week is going on. Too depressing! I agree, its all water and will dissappear- just stick with your calorie count and workouts!
  • daisy8833
    Options
    I always gain about 5 pounds during that time of the month. Right when it ends, the bloat and water weight leave with it. Keep up the good work :o)
  • inforsey
    inforsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else before me, I too gain during the week of the dreaded monthly gift.. Mine is 3 pounds. And its consistent for 8 to 9 days. And it's sad and frustrating as all hell. BUT! After nine days, it's done and I weigh myself.. this time around I went down a pound afterwards, in addition to the 3.

Bonus!

It's mega frustrating.. trust me. I vent lots when it comes around to be my turn again. As the other ladies have said, just stick with it and you will be rewarded in the end. (-:
  • inforsey
    inforsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with Nikki....so long as you're watching your calories and working out like usual, you're fine! Most of us bloat, and that goes away and so will those two pounds.

Just remember, it can be tempting to skip the work out or indulge a craving (chocolate, for instance) but the working out actual helps with cramps and gives you the endorphins that chocolate might give you otherwise! :flowerforyou:

Ooooh.. I just read the bit about the endorphins and chocolate... Nice thinking.. I like it! (-:
  • CBRITO
    CBRITO Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks a lot ladies, for all your help and support. It's nice to know you are not alone, MFP was the best thing that happened to me!!
    Hugs N' Kisses