HELP! Gaining weight

Options
Hi there!

I am feeling sooo frustrated at the moment I am eating as many calories as I am suppose to, but its been 12 weeks now and I have not got even near my goal!!

I eat very healthy and exercise regularly but no results!

Please any help/suggestions would be very appreciate.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You've provided almost no information. What height/weight are you? What calories are you trying to eat? What exercises are you doing? Do you weigh your food?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you gained and over what period of time?

How are you tracking your food? Are you weighing/measuring everything?

How are you tracking your exercise? Are you using a heart rate monitor or MFP/machine estimates?

Have you recently started or increased your workout routine?
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to put this nicely so....you calorie intake is insane. You average 3000 per day.

You have a daily goal of 2700. I am not sure how you got a goal so high. I assume you entered in exercise 5-7 days a week. When you do that you are not supposed to add in the calories from exercise, its included. Then when you do you eat back those calories as well going as high as 3500 eaten a day.

Bring yourself down to like 2000 a day and watch what happens.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    OP where did you get the 2700 cals a day from as your daily goal? I only checked your diary back to Friday.

Also, you seem to be adding a lot of quick cals?
  • jwdieter
    Options
    Maybe he's eating back his exercise calories, but set his calorie goal through TDEE.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's eating back his exercise calories, but set his calorie goal through TDEE.

Then we must wait for his reply?
  • TheMerryBoffin
    TheMerryBoffin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My impression is that perhaps he is trying to gain weight and having trouble. I could be mistaken.
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes, i think the idea is he is trying to gain weight... perhaps up the protein and add more iron to your workout. ???
  • turnerbutton
    Options
    I did the advocare 24 day challenge and logged my food here its working great. Try cutting white flour out of your daily food and make it wheat or whole grain. Also eat 10 grams of protein each meal and cut out processed foods. Try fresh vegetables they work like an sos pad and scrub your insides. Eat lots of berries strawberries , black berries, blue berries as part of your fruits. Also darker greens are good for you. ADD MORE WATER intake. Water helps flush things out.
  • jwdieter
    Options
    My impression is that perhaps he is trying to gain weight and having trouble. I could be mistaken.

In this case he's eating right at maintenance for a normal size young man who exercises and lifts frequently. Should be seeing some body composition shift, but won't be packing on the muscles at that intake.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're trying to gain weight. If that's the case, I'd ask you what are you doing for exercise? When I am trying to put on some muscle, I have to keep cardio to a bare minimum...just enough for good heart health, otherwise I can't eat enough to actually bulk on weight.

I maintain right around 2700 calories and I'm 38 years old; on average I burn around 300 calories 6 days per week doing cardio and I lift 3x weekly. When I want to bulk I need to either eat around 3200 calories, which is generally hard for me to do, or just cut back my cardio. I haven't physically tried to bulk in while, but that's about what it used to be. Just be careful that you don't go on a 10 year bulk cycle like I did...kinda sucks :)