Low calorie Alcoholic beverages for my reception

Options
amandaanderson2786
amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
:drinker: Hi so I am getting married on June 29th . We are having a small wedding and afterward we are having family and friends over for a barbecue and a bonfire later in the evening. I am pretty much putting most of this together myself. i was wondering if anyone has some good ideas for some fun low calorie drinks? Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It's a wedding... go high calorie.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    lol, poor gal. I notice these threads a lot, and the majority of the responses don't answer the question. They just suggest to "enjoy the event, drink away", etc etc.

That's fine and all, but it doesn't help when people really want ideas for low calorie drinks.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    lol, poor gal. I notice these threads a lot, and the majority of the responses don't answer the question. They just suggest to "enjoy the event, drink away", etc etc.

That's fine and all, but it doesn't help when people really want ideas for low calorie drinks.

I wasn't much help. :)

Consider it a bump for better ideas.
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    http://www.lowcalhq.com/alcoholic-calories/

http://getdrunknotfat.com/

I very very rarely drink, but to stay on the safe side when I do I always go with a vodka soda with lime.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    My first inclination is to say just enjoy the day, because it will only happen once and you should really be focused on having fun, not calorie counting (which sucks). But if I was watching calories I would stick with something like Miller Lite, or maybe vodka drinks with low calorie mixers. Any Rose or White colored wines might do.
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options

^Neither does making a useless post about other peoples' useless posts. :ohwell:

Anyway OP, Are you looking for recipes, or just drinks you can buy? Either way, I just googled low-calorie drinks and a few links like these came up. Hope they help?
    General calorie info:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=893

A few recipes:
    http://www.rxlist.com/10_skinny_cocktails_slideshow_pictures/article.htm

misc. tips about how to keep calories on the lower side.
    http://www.caloriesecrets.net/low-calorie-alcoholic-drinks-drink-wisely-without-gaining-weight/
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ^ well I was kinda looking for a recipe I could put together in a punch bowl for the adults miller is a good idea i think my parents drink that and thanks for all the website ideas i will check them out just looking for some fun low cal recipes if any something i could make in bulk as i will be providing all the food and drinks for the event :smile:
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    get Mio with some water/club soda & vodka.

or the Trop 15 products with vodka. Pretty low calorie and will do the trick.
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I looks like you've gotten some good suggestions. Here are some low-cal beers to consider:

Miller 64 (64 calories)
    Bud Select (99 calories)
    There is a Bud too that's only 55 calories
    Beck's Premier Light (64 calories)
    Amstel Light (95 calories)
    Corona Light (100 calories)
    Miller Chill (110 calories)
    Miller Light (96 calories)
    Coors Light (102 calories)

Edited to add:

You can also check out any of the beverages in the "Skinny Girl" cocktail line. I've heard they are delicious and low cal.

And finally....CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding!
  • michellemariescott
    michellemariescott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I mix Molson Sublime (its a low cal lime flavoured beer in Canada -there is probably something similar in other countries) with a couple of ounces of Skinny Girl Margarita and serve with lime wedges and ice. Its very refreshing and low calorie

I mix half a bottle of beer with 1.5 ounces of the margarita. The recipe also calls for a bit of simple syrup, but I find that too sweet, so I skip that.

Cheers!
  • HayleyMcQ
    HayleyMcQ Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, this is very refreshing and low calorie, it's a cocktail called the Mayflower, you need: ice, soda water, gin, elderflower cordial and cucumber to garnish, I thoroughly recommend it ! :-)
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    go to the hungry girl website and look up her Margarita's...they are AMAZING! only calories come from the tequila...
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    anything skinny girl is good

or plain ole vodka soda and lime
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad. :frown:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Most liquors (rum, vodka, gin ect) are about 60 calories an ounce. On the rocks or a highball with diet soda won't put your calories on overkill.
  • knittyknitterson
    Options
    If you like gin (and I know not everyone does) I LOVE Hendrick's Gin and diet tonic. Hendricks is 64 calories per oz and the diet tonic is 0. Add a slice or two of cucumber for a refreshing summer cocktail. :)
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Mojito
    Vodka diet anything.
    light beers
    Martini's
    Gin and tonic
    Champagne (I think less than 90 cal's per 'drink')
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    any of the light coloured cocktails would be great especially as you can use diet lemonade/slim line tonic etc Mojitos http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/beverages/r/lowcarbmohitos.htm This would look great in a punch bowl rather than served direct into glasses as would some of these http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-skinny-cocktails Given that you won't be drinking every drink yourself I would also just have some of the standard stuff around that needs little sorting by you, wine/beer etc and maybe again soda or diet lemon just to add to these. After all you dont want to spend the day sorting drinks for your guests lol
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    1 shot of vodka = 90 calories
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Dry Soda makes lots of great low-cal sodas that are lower in sugar and make fantastic mixers. Their cucumber soda is terrific mixed with gin. So is their juniper berry soda. Their lemongrass and their wild lime both go great with vodkas.

I also like the Steigl grapefruit/beer Radlers.

Best wishes.