P90X question

Options
I start Monday, and I don't have the pull-up bar yet. Is there a modification for the pull-ups until I am able to buy one?

Replies

• TeresaSears
    Options
    We don't have the pull up bar at all, we're using the resistance bans for that timeframe. You'll see in the video that the times set aside for things like the pull up bar that everyone is doing something different, so you have options.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You can buy the bands if you don't already have them. They are sold at just about every sporting good store (i.e., Modells, ****s etc..). You can attached the band to a door and something else that is stable and on an incline.
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    We don't have the pull up bar at all, we're using the resistance bans for that timeframe. You'll see in the video that the times set aside for things like the pull up bar that everyone is doing something different, so you have options.

Awesome! Thanks!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    You can buy the bands if you don't already have them. They are sold at just about every sporting good store (i.e., Modells, ****s etc..). You can attached the band to a door and something else that is stable and on an incline.

Great! Thanks a bunch!
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I too use the bands for now. I am hoping i can get my upper body up to the point to where it would be worth while by the end of Round 1.
  • Pulse1
    Pulse1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Trick with the bands (when being used in place of a pullup bar) is they want them going up instead of down to your feet.

We found a set at Target that have a little "catch" on them just for locking them over a closed door.

I'm sure there's a way of doing it with other brands but this one felt the most secure and the least like a hack (and I didn't want a band popping free and smacking the wife in the face, pretty sure that shorten my future a bit :laugh: ).
  • susanleasings
    Options
    LOL....no face popping! Geez that would suck!
    Thanks guys! :)
  • way2gomom
    Options
    I bought the bar and THEN realized all my doors are arched and I have nowhere to put it.... LOL I've used the bands too. They're fun, and still tough!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'd start wthout the pullup bar. It sure can get discouraging when you can't do a single one and they are pounding them out like crazy. Once you're starting to feel stronger, get one and use the chair method you'll see in the videos. Make sure to pay attention to the tips he throws in throughout the videos about using bands.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Thanks! You guys rock!!! :bigsmile:
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i cant do a pullup so i always use the bands..dont let it fool you! it defiantely is a great workout!