Funny Questions anyone ?

Options
mamas0811
mamas0811 Posts: 97 Member
So this past weekend I showed a frined a before and after picture of myself.(last june & May this year). She asked me "What diet are you on?, wow it actually works"! I LOL and said "Im not on ay diet, i just eat healthy & exersice" she looked at me like I was crazy! Lol.. it was so funny...

has anyone else gotten asked any funny questions about diets, weight loss, anything? :) Please Share!

Ps.
Good Luck Everyone.

Replies

• angelamary61
    angelamary61 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My best friend nearly always asks me every time I talk to her if I am still being 'good'.
    It does get to me as I dont consider eating sensibly and exercising as 'being good'.
    I feel there is no answer to her question.
    Then she asks if I am still exercising and when I say yes, she always says 'youre good'
    It makes me grit my teeth and I always change the subject.
    And makes me feel like she cant wait for the day I say no.
  • mamas0811
    mamas0811 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Lol.. Ya people always seem to want to see you fail. :/ Good Luck on being "Good" Lol.
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I find they always want to determine what type of diet you are on. Even after saying we have just changed our lifestyle to eat healthy and be more active they will ask if we are eating low carb, low fat, this diet or that diet. They just can't seem to accept that we just make healthy choices and nothing is out of bounds. I have a sister that has been so supportive it is borderline obnoxious. I know she cares and is trying to be supportive but the same as the other poster, she always asks if I'm still following my diet, exercise etc... She even sent me a card when I hit 50#'s. I know she means well but geez sometimes it is comical. Anyway, I will be glad for the positive support as I have seen so many others on here who only have negative people around them.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just tell people I'm on a seefood diet....I see food, and if I'm so inclined, I eat it....:smokin:
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    People ask me what I did I do to lose 60+ pounds and I think they are expecting me to say something like I found a magic lotion that when I rub it on my body, my fat disappears.
    They always seem to look a little disappointed or underwhelmed when I tell them I watch what I eat and eat what I want in moderation and I also walk a lot and do cardio at the gym. Imagine that.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My best friend nearly always asks me every time I talk to her if I am still being 'good'.
    It does get to me as I dont consider eating sensibly and exercising as 'being good'.
    I feel there is no answer to her question.
    Then she asks if I am still exercising and when I say yes, she always says 'youre good'
    It makes me grit my teeth and I always change the subject.
    And makes me feel like she cant wait for the day I say no.

Oh that is my aunt. She has type 2 diabetes that she doesn't control very well. I wish she would control it better, but it's something she has to do for herself. I don't discuss her health with her and I don't tell her things about my health either.

So anyway, we were at a family party and the only desserts were ice cream cake or cupcakes. I have celiac disease and couldn't eat either, but it's not like I was in the middle of the room shouting, "NO THANK YOU, I HAVE CELIAC DISEASE AND AM EATING HEALTHY, TOO!!" I just didn't take any. Aunt seemed angry that I wasn't having any (it wasn't her house or her party and she wasn't providing dessert) and said in a kind of ticked off tone, "Oh, I see you're being good." I didn't want to get into the whole celiac thing, so I just said I was full from dinner (I was). It was like she was taking it personally that I wasn't having dessert. WTH?

Then in a really defensive tone she went on and on about how she was looking forward to cake all day and she was going to have it and no one was going to stop her from enjoying her cake and how she should be good too but what's once in a while and blah blah blah. I finally said, "I'm not giving you a hard time about having cake. I don't care one way or the other. I hope you enjoy it." It was kind of jerky, but it shut her up finally.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I just tell people I'm on a seefood diet....I see food, and if I'm so inclined, I eat it....:smokin:

I should use that next time.