135 pounds in just over 13 months...

Options
cmc71
cmc71 Posts: 7 Member
Tried to post a picture, didn't work. If you want to see the comparison, you can look in my profile pics.

Replies

• cmc71
    cmc71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    and starting the transition to maintenance after one more weigh-in tomorrow morning.

I'm a 41 year old woman and started April 26 of 2012 and have lost 135 pounds. I weighed 276.2 when I started and am currently at 140.8. My original goal was 150, but I was having such good luck, I decided to keep going. 135-140 (I expect I'll lose a few more during the transition to maintenance as I'm going to VERY slowly add calories back until I find what works for me). will be right in the middle of the healthy weight category for me, and I think will be maintainable.

The weight loss has been accomplished through simple calorie counting and exercise. My calories have stayed relatively consistent at about 1300/day for most of that time, though I did start at closer to 1400-1600. I'm now averaging around1400/day now, though I have been running a bit more distance, so I've started eating a bit more to compensate as I was feeling a little tired and lethargic at the lower amount. As of tomorrow, I'm going to move to 1600, and according to some simple calculations, I think 1800 or so will be what I'll wind up with for maintenance.

As for exercise, I started walking 20 minutes/day seven days a week. I now do about 45 minutes of weight training 3 days/week (situps and crunches, leg lifts and squats, some arm exercises with hand weights and pushups), and I run 3 days per week (about 12-15 miles per week:-1 mile two days/week, 3.5 miles two days/week and a longer run of 5-6 miles one day/week). Though I know that seems like a ton of exercise to someone just starting out, if you increase VERY slowly, it's very do-able. I've recently decided to start training for a half marathon in November, so starting tomorrow, I'm moving to more of a runner's core strengthening workout on my weight training days along with increasing mileage. It'll be interesting to see what the increased mileage does to my calorie intake!

It's been long and hard, but I am living proof that if you keep at it, the weight loss will happen. My weight loss has remained fairy consistent, though has dropped pretty significantly the last 4-5 months. I was averaging about 12 pounds a month at the start (for about the first seven months), dropped to 10 for the next 2-3 and have been averaging 6-7 the last 4 or so. Am hoping to start the transition to maintenance the first week in June. Though I know what worked for me won't work for everyone, I'm happy to answer questions :)
  • jannessy
    jannessy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    awesome progress
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wow soooo awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!!!
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You must feel great! You sure look good:)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your workouts are amazing!! You are so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Balance_Breathe
    Options
    This is very, very inspiring, and I raelly appreciate all the details you shared. Thanks. : )
  • ladyofbugglake
    ladyofbugglake Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! This was just the motivational story I needed to start my week. Thanks!
  • red0202
    red0202 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow !! Wonderful, People like you are true inspirations. Keep it up.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You are proof that age is nothing but a number and an excuse. Way to go and thanks for the inspiration.
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! You've done an amazing job and you look wonderful!
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love stories like this. My goal right now is to drop 110 lbs, and I just passed the 20 lb mark. Reading your story reminds me to keep going and it will happen. Thanks and congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!