Low calorie Alcoholic beverages for my reception

Options
2»

Replies

• bettygerschwin
    bettygerschwin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try SkinnyGirl drinks! They have a bunch of tasty premade cocktails, wines and vodkas! http://skinnygirlcocktails.com/
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    wow thank you all for all the great ideas!!! this really helped! :bigsmile:
  • plumpncurvy
    plumpncurvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love vodka and club soda in the summer, very lo cal. I use citrus fruit to flavor it, you could wedge some lemons, limes and oranges and put them out for a little variety.
  • BBryans07
    BBryans07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this might sound totally lame and cheap, but when I'm craving a margarita, I go buy the "lime" no-calorie drink mixes from Walmart. I'm talking about those little packets with names like "Orange Sunrise" and "Raspberry Ice". They sell all different flavors and have virtually no calories. I then mix a cup of the mixed juice with a shot of tequila, and bam! Only about 75 calories per drink. The regular drink mixers have LOADS of sugar in them. It makes my gut rot.

P.S. I made a bunch for my friends and didn't tell them I mixed the juice up from a powder, and everyone said they tasted amazing. Maybe they were just being nice, but for a cheap bottle of tequila and $1.88 drink mixes (enough for about 3 gallons), it'll do the trick.
  • lisabundy5
    lisabundy5 Posts: 39
    Options
    If you are a wine-o, go for moscato. I have my cheapy barefoot moscato anytime I need to take the edge off. 5 oz is 127 calories but at the same rate, it's a once in a lifetime thing, ENJOY your day.
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    diet coke and rum,vodka, whisky are all good.

Personally I like to just drink a whisky on the rocks.. Tasty and very low cal
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    First off, I'd certainly say "enjoy the day" - I suspect you'll have burnt enough calories from all the other activities to justify it ;).

After that, I think I'd explore low calorie cordials - consider freezing some to make ice cubes, then crush these.

I would presume most spirits are similar calories, so go for something strong you don't mind the taste off - can always use less if it's too strong.

I'm presuming that higher proof = more alcohol = less calories from other 'stuff'.
  • WolowitzTimestwo
    WolowitzTimestwo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cucumber jalapeño margarita
    Google it
    ENJOY!!
  • brigit628
    brigit628 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump