Loads to lose

Options
Hi all

I'm finally ready to lose the weight and with over 100 lbs to lose before i'm out of the overweight category-it'll be a long journey but willing to stick with it this time.... So here goes. Any one else on here who's also morbidly obese???

Replies

• tracybooth1965
    Options
    I have loads to lose too... think I am also morbidly obese.. I am really going to try hard this time to get rid of my excess weight.. will add you as a friend if that's okay?

Tracy
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hello there!
    I have lost over 100 pounds...and I am still working at it.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend and view my blogs and my profile page.
    MFP is a wonderful support for me and I hope that we can help each other as we walk out our journey together.
    Warm regards,
    Fabulocity
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have over 100 pounds to lose and like you, am finally ready to do it. I plan to make MFP a part of my daily life and looking for others who want to travel this journey together. Looks like we're both on our way! :)
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    oh i have a long road ahead of me too. i'm 48lbs into a 177lbs journey. i've got the stats in the signature.
  • Gorgeous1
    Gorgeous1 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I set my goal as 103 pounds to lose. I've just started and only lost 8 of it so far. I'm in it to win it. Friend me and let's keep each other motivated.
  • takethepieces
    Options
    HI,

I've got about 122lbs to lose in total. I started with a BMI of 42, which is morbidly obese. I'm now in the plain old obese category having lost 53.2lbs so far. It will have been 6 months on plan as of tomorrow. It seems like a lot, but it can be done. Just take it week by week and it disappears faster than you'd imagine.

Good luck xox
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Welcome! I lost 100 pounds once... by dieting... and it came back. When I managed to get myself into the obese category yet again I made a vow to do it properly this time by changing my lifestyle for good and this site has pretty much made that possible! I'm now "only" overweight - hope to be out of that category by mid/late October.

You can do it! Happy to add you as a friend as well - it's that support that makes all the difference on the hard days!!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have bout 50lbs to lose. then maybe 20-30 more. (Have to see how I look). I have been heavy all my life. Top weight was 340. Had bypass in 2007, lost 130 lbs, gained 25 back. Have been yo-yoing 20 lbs around for last year. Want to get to 180 desparetely but it's a hard road. I love this site! It is super helpfull and the people are so encouraging. Let's keep it up everyone and get moving towards those finish lines. We are off and running!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I lost 105lbs about 14 yrs ago I kept it off for about 4 yrs , fibromyalgia, hypothyroid, chronic fatigue syndrome, being lazy and using food for comfort helped me to gain it back over a period of several years. So here I am again trying to loose the weight. I just started about 3 1/2 weeks ago and have lost 10lbs . so I am on my way. We can do this, together
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hello

You're not alone in this struggle. I too have a goal of 100lbs and this is day 2 for me. We can do this!!! Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • Gagsy
    Gagsy Posts: 11
    Options
    I've just started too and as you can see I got loads to lose too.

It'll be a struggle but so worth it in the long run. We can do it.
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP~
    I.too,have over a 100 pounds to lose.I try not to look at the big number.Small goals helps~
    hang in there.
  • BettBett
    Options
    Unfortunately, I'm in this same category w/you! Right now, I'm exercising, dieting, and keeping a positive attitude. I think this is going to be a long process because I'm also going thru menopause! Still, I plan to prevail and lose weight. What's your challenge?
  • legalbyday
    Options
    Been on here a short time and it's helped tons. I'm not morbidly but have been deemed obese. This site helps a lot. Add me as a friend if you like. I'm looking for friends and need encouragement and want to give some too. Helps everyone! Good day!
  • legalbyday
    Options
    Okay, menopause issues and questions. What have you heard about menopause and it inhibiting you to lose? I think I'm probably going through menopause, and am determined also not to let that stop me reach my goal. Add me as a friend please. I'd love to chat.
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    ahhhh good ole menopause...
    I have been post menopausal for 1 year and 8 months.
    I believe it has something to do with what is happening.Am not an expert so suggest you consult your doctor.
    I do take HRT and for some reason it helps with water retention if that helps.I believe even though we no longer have a ToM we still go through the moodiness and bloat etc...
    hang in there...
    (((hugs)))