2nd day into my challenge and my first NSV!!

Options
iwilldoit100
iwilldoit100 Posts: 17 Member
I was nervous this morning going to our staff development breakfast because it was pot luck and lord knows what teachers were going to bring! Well I will have you know I passed up sausage biscuits from McDonalds, breakfast tacos, donuts out the wazoo, bagels, muffins, pastries, breakfast casseroles, and more. I went straight to the fruit trays and fresh fruit. I filled my plate with fresh fruit and grabbed a thing of blueberry yogurt and sat with my teacher friends as they ate plates of all that other stuff!!! Then we went to Chilis for lunch and they ordered chips and salsa and guess who didn't have one chip! ME!!! Now I know I could have had some, but I just didn't want any... I stuck to my salad and half a turkey sandwich with a few fries.

I just had to share with someone because the regular me would have had a donut and a sausage biscuit and a little bit of fruit!

Replies

• jennileemarie
    jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great willpower!!
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    awesome! It's so hard to be surrounded by food and pass it up in favor of something more healthy but in the long run you are the winner!
  • fourtwingles
    fourtwingles Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That is great and you need to brag a little. Be proud.
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Its hard for me because I was a chef. Most of my friends are chefs so when we get together its rich and awesome food. Oh and beer. It comes off iinsulting if you don't eat their/our creations. Just have to hang with them on my IDGAF day and work out 2x harder in the morning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!