Here goes...well...everything!

Options
Hi all! My name is Sarah, I'm 29 and I'm starting MFP after years of getting on and falling off of the Weight Watchers wagon. I've got a significant amount of weight to lose (about 120~ pounds) and I have PCOS, which makes losing it a bit harder.

I had been talking to some friends recently who knew I was struggling to stay focused on tracking Points+ on WW, and they asked why I didn't just count calories instead. They suggested it'd be easier, wouldn't require any fancy calculators, and mentioned that MFP is free, which is of course a huge benefit over WW. So, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I hit my highest weight ever in June of last year and since then have lost about 18 pounds. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm proud of myself for at least getting that far. I'm hoping that I can stay on track and keep losing... my 30th birthday is in September and I'd LOVE to have my gift to myself be some smaller clothes! :)

I'd love to make some new friends and have some more people help hold me accountable!

Replies

• imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    Feel free to add me =) ! Best of luck and you'll do great !!!!
  • maria82m
    maria82m Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I'm Maria (new to MFP) and I can totally relate to your situation. I also have PCOS and you are absolutely right it makes that much more difficult to lose the weight. My 31st birthday is quickly approaching in July and I would also love to have smaller clothes. Hopefully, we could help each other meet our target goals.
  • lynlog
    lynlog Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Sarah - I have been falling off that same WW wagon. I just downloaded the MFP app today and am seriously considering that this might be the change I need to get my weight loss back on track. I am nervous to give up my WW membership quite yet but am excited about trying this program.
  • healthilyeverafter13
    healthilyeverafter13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lynlog, I've been the same -- I'm hesitating with cancelling WW for good but I'm excited about MFP and the possibilities. You can do it! :)
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you on your journey. Feel free to add me, I try to support and encourage all my MFP friends in their quest to lose weight and become healthier.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Congrats on laying it all out on the table and making the commitment to yourself!

Feel free to shoot me a friend request if you'd like some support! =)
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi my PCOS sisters! lol.
    I am 31 (as of march this year) and I have been dealing with the PCOS monster for about 1 year now....(i guess longer, but medically aware of what it is for about a year now)...
    AND
    I have been w/o a thyroid/on meds for that since 2005 - I got the weight gain blues from all angles lol - from my head to my lower half haha. I'm just eat up with issues ha!

You are 100% right - super hard with PCOS....Since about the 2nd week of Jan, I am down 16lbs....but it's 16lbs that I have to put serious mindful dedication to make happen....but the bigger but (other than MY OWN BUTT lol) - is the fact that I have lost 16lbs....since....starting myfitnesspal.

SUPER easy site - super user friendly - and it just really 'makes sense' - I've told a friend recently - I knew all along really, i read enough books about it - it's merely "cals in vs cals out" - but myfitnesspal makes the idea of this so....visual...and easy to "get" that it's really easy to do once you get into the swing of things!

You can totally add me - heck - anyone can add me - and we can curse that PCOS monster all day - long as we can be sure to get in some high-fives for jobs well done woohoo

:)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It works if you stick with it (I dropped 90 lbs by counting calories and have kept it off). Feel free to add me.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP!
    You can reach your goals. A friend request has been sent.
    I am Yvette.
    I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 164 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 14 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.
  • danni766
    danni766 Posts: 23
    Options
    Haha I just started up with WW (not a member, just found the calculator application and trying it out) and am using this site more for the community! It's great that you are making a change to get healthier! If you need a friend to hold you accountable, let me know!