P90X

Options
On July 27th, I started my P90X program with a goal of getting my weight down to 190 lbs. I started out at 206 lbs and as of today I am 197 lbs which is the beginning of my third week. P90X really rocks!

Replies

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    fantastic! i'm working on it too. with funky summer schedules, my 90 days keeps getting longer, but i keep going back. you're doing so awesome, keep it up!!!:flowerforyou:
  • steeder
    steeder Posts: 1
    Options
    WTG!

I just started round 2 a few weeks ago and I still enjoy the workouts. I saw a lot of muscle gain and lost inches during round one, but didn't see any weight loss until I bought into the nutrition program. Keep up the great work!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    great job !! :drinker: p90x here 5th week 4 day here
  • Timeyobanda
    Timeyobanda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WTG!

I just started round 2 a few weeks ago and I still enjoy the workouts. I saw a lot of muscle gain and lost inches during round one, but didn't see any weight loss until I bought into the nutrition program. Keep up the great work!

Steeder,
    So from your experience, "kinda" following the nutrition plan wasn't sufficient? DId you do the portion control thing or did you do the meals? I am in week 2 right now, first round and want to make sure I get the best result while still living on a budget. Eating healthy isnt always the cheapest thing.
  • Pir8dave
    Pir8dave Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree with Steeder! Nutrition and food are important, integral parts of the P-90x program. P-90X is awesome, but it is not primarily a weight loss program. I am near completing the program for the first time (4 days left) I have built lots of muscle, firmed, toned, and lost lots of inches, but only lost around 10 pounds. The nutritional part of the program is very important. I neglected a lot of the calorie requirements early on and was tired, "crashed" from carb deprivation. You have to hydrate and as Tony says "get enough food."

I wish I had not ignored the two booklets that came with the program on nutrition. I have been using it these past two weeks and it makes a BIG difference. For me, eating right and on a budget means you have to plan it out, I use whole grains, black beans, brown rice, fresh fruit, non fat yogurt and cheese, olive oil, nuts and vegetables. It is expensive to buy a lot of food and a hassle to cook. Look for Michi's ladder on the p-90x site for a list of foods to incorporate into your diet. Make sure you measure, weigh and diary your foods. MFP makes this easy. Meet your protein, fat and carb totals with "good food" I also use a high quality protein powder from Muscle Milk (whey only) soy isolate does not work!

I am going to start another 90 days after graduating and follow the nutrition guide exactly. I have 40 pounds left to lose! Don't neglect the nutrition guidelines as an important part of the program!

DAVE