Topic for the ladies on here - weight loss&periods

Options
Ok so this is probably asked a lot and i have heard weight loss can affect menstruation considerably just wondering should it be a cause for concern?..I've been loosing weight i would say steadily since last july i was over 9 and am now down to 8 stone, I didn't notice me periods start to change until april of this year they got a lot more spread out and considerably lighter at the moment, if this just a phase, is it due to the weight loss?..i noticed strangely enough this happened round the time i started doing the shred and am wondering is it the intense exercise that has caused this...

Perhaps I should discuss it with my doctor but thought a little advice from people on here and their experiences couldn't hurt. :)

Replies

• mamas0811
    mamas0811 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is probably asked a lot and i have heard weight loss can affect menstruation considerably just wondering should it be a cause for concern?..I've been loosing weight i would say steadily since last july i was over 9 and am now down to 8 stone, I didn't notice me periods start to change until april of this year they got a lot more spread out and considerably lighter at the moment, if this just a phase, is it due to the weight loss?..i noticed strangely enough this happened round the time i started doing the shred and am wondering is it the intense exercise that has caused this...

Perhaps I should discuss it with my doctor but thought a little advice from people on here and their experiences couldn't hurt. :)

Well, mine where a little different.. Mine came every 2 weeks for the past 3 months give or take. im also on BC since January.. And this is working out on overload since Mid January
  • JCThayer85
    JCThayer85 Posts: 21
    Options
    Whenever I get in the habit of working out my cycle is much lighter and only last 2-3 days and also comes every 24 days. If I'm not working out I never know when it will come or how heavy it'll be.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    mine is usually the wk before it I will gain upwards of 3-4 lbs but then after it I actually lose weight some sometimes.
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Im not sure why your period changes but my doctor said I shouldnt be concerned unless it completely stops for about 6 months. Hope this helps!