Hi there!!! Any Utah members?!

Options
I'm Laura from Utah! I'm very excited to have joined MFP! I have 8 wonderful kids and a great husband that is joining with me! (my husband, not my children). I'm excited to be here!! :)

Replies

• KrissyD70
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Springville, Utah, just south of Provo. I have been using MFP since July 1st and have lost 14 pounds! This is an awesome website!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Hi!!! I am Jessica. I am just north of Salt Lake City! It's good to see some Utah presence on here. Feel free to add me Utahns!
  • ricknlauraplus8
    Options
    It is great to know there are other Utahns on here! I live in Salina. It's hard to find anyone around my town that wants to go walking (besides my sweet husband). I'm really enjoying this journey to getting healthier.

A little more about me.. My husband and I married almost a year ago, this was the second marriage for both of us. He brought his 4 boys into the marriage and I brought my 3 adopted (through DCFS) and 1 biological daughter into the mix. We both have our kids full time so that makes for a very busy home! I am a Certified Dog Trainer and have started my own business this year. My husband is a wonderful stay at home Daddy at the moment. We have 4 dogs that like taking my husband and I for walks regularly. I want to lose weight for the health aspect of it, not just the looks that will come with the improved fitness. I'm enjoying the process so far!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pressica
    Options
    Wow Laura, that is a LOT of children AND dogs. You must be very ambitious. Dogs are great to have around because they almost always want exercise. They don't say, "oh man, I worked out hard yesterday." They just push through. Good luck with your brand new business.
  • RickNelson74
    Options
    Hi I'm Rick. I am the "sweet husband" that Laura is talking about. I hope this Utah man can stick with it cause I need to lose a lot of weight to save my back. I have bad discs, and pain relievers don't work. I need to lose about 75 pounds to get fit again, and I know that will have to make my back pain a lot better. My Wife found this web site for us and i think it's wonderful. No one realizes completely home much junk is in most food now days, but it is crazy. We all over eat so much that when we actually count calories and see what we have to eat, it scares most people, because they think they are going to starve to death. I felt the same way. I have been on the program for 3 days now and i already am starting to feel more energized. I know that if i stick to it i will be a new person, and with the support of my loving Wife, it is totally possible!

Good luck to all .
  • pressica
    Options
    Congrats for joining the site too! I agree that there is way too much unnecessary junk in processed food. I recently went completely off of fast food, sugar, and soda. I am always amazed how much sugar is in even the most innocent of foods. There is no need for that.

I hope that we get more Utahns on this site. I know where Salina is even though it's kinda a tiny place. Glad to have support from my home state.