Need Some Advise

Options
Hi all! So, here's my issue:

My calorie goal per day is set to 1500. I usually go for a 3km walk in the morning, lift weights, and then take a cardio class around 7:00 ( Kickboxing, Zumba, Piloxing, ect.). I have no problem reaching my calorie goal, but since my cardio class is usually so late at night, MFP tells me I still need to eat anywhere from 200-700 calories before bed (Normally at 10:30) If I meet my net calorie goal and do not have a deficit, then I end up going over my protein and sugar intake. The high- sugar foods I eat are all fruit, so it's natural sugar, not artificial. At this point, I've been logging in for 4 weeks and have only lost . 4 lbs. I just started lifting weights again, so I'm not too worried if my protein is too high, but the sugar part is hard for me.I also should mention that I drink a minimum of 1 gal of water/day. Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to increase my calories without increasing my sugars? Or on what I may be doing wrong here as far as losing the weight goes. I feel better about myself, I feel healthy, and I'm getting lots of complements, I'm just not seeing that dang scale move!

Thanks in advance... and let's try to keep it civil folks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JCThayer85
    JCThayer85 Posts: 21
    Options
    Don't worry about your sugar. The sugar you're getting is from healthy food, and it's not going to do you any harm :-)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP's defaults, their protein goal is usually set ridiculously low. A lot of us prefer to go in and manually set it to something closer to 30% of our macros. I would never worry about going over on protein.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    People are going to want to see your diary
  • CeirrazFit
    CeirrazFit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That might help. I've never posted anything before. Will make it open
  • sturgeonwife
    sturgeonwife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba as well in the evening, plain nonfat yogurt greek after your workout, if needed flavor with 1 packet of truvia or 1 tbls of sugar free jelly. The combo of high protein shortly after your workout will give your body what it needs.
    Try to limit your fruit sugars to earlier in the day.
  • Annahasababy
    Annahasababy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Buy a measuring tape an keep track of your measurements. Muscle weighs more thn fat so the scale doesn't chart as well your progress.
  • CeirrazFit
    CeirrazFit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!