No idea where to start, need some help?

Options
I'm 5'0 and 176 pounds. I can't afford a gym membership at the minute, so I was wondering if any one could recommend me some beginner workouts to do at home. I've tried Zumba on the Wii, but I feel like I need a proper routine to see some difference and to feel like I'm pushing my self a bit. I've also had a go at some Hiit workouts on youtube but couldn't even get past the warm up! Thanks in advance x

Replies

• tommyprice2k
    Options
    First question:

- What is it that you enjoy doing? Do you enjoy walking/running/dancing etc etc.

Once you've answered that question you're 1 step closer to finding the perfect exercise for yourself.
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For workout videos, I saw try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's a little much for me right now because I'm lifting hard 3 days a week, but when I first started, it was all I did. It's a great workout and you can find the vids on youtube.
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For workout videos, I saw try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's a little much for me right now because I'm lifting hard 3 days a week, but when I first started, it was all I did. It's a great workout and you can find the vids on youtube.
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I 2nd 30 Day Shred. Also how about getting outside and either walking or running? YouTube also has all kinds of workouts. Also many cable companies have them on demand as well.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred today. The entire video is on YouTube. Just make sure you have a mat or a soft floor!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I can't see myself doing the 30-day shred yet--I am out of shape and seem to hurt myself if I don't go slow.

I have just found the Leslie Sansone Youtube for 1-mile walking at home. It is a low impact. If you like to walk, she has more than 1-mile youtubes.

Good luck!
  • sinecat
    sinecat Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Some good stuff here http://www.blogilates.com/
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    What are your goals and what do you enjoy? If you have the Wii, one workout I liked was the Biggest Loser because you can choose what level, how long (anywhere from 12 min-60 min), what area you wanted to focus and what type of program--they even had a yoga, circuit training, kickboxing...so you could really mix up what you wanted to do. There are tons of activities though so really look at what you want to accomplish and what you enjoy. That's when you will find the program you stick with!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Like a few others, I am going to suggest 30 Day Shred. It is a good jumping off place. I think I paid $12 for the DVD at Target.

The important thing is keep moving. Do SOMETHING everyday if you can. Even if it is just taking a brisk walk or riding a bike.

Good luck!