How often do you weigh yourself/ measure?

Options

Replies

• tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up, after using the restroom. I take measurements every Monday, and progress photos (front, side, back, arms - front, arms - back) once a month.
  • BlueJayLaw
    BlueJayLaw Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I honestly step on the scale atleast once a day BUT, I take the scale seriously every other Tuesday (so, every two weeks)

And I take progress photos every six weeks
  • shanymac92
    Options
    this is all very helpful. thanks. I still dont know how much i weigh from the last time i checked (Scales scare me), however i did try on a dress this morning where the last time i had it on there were at least 2 inches away from the button to the button hole, and this morning it fit! YAY!
  • neek247
    neek247 Posts: 46
    Options
    I heard its best to weigh yourself first thing naked when your wake up if you are going to weigh yourself, is this right?
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    I weight myself everyday
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, naked right after using the restroom. If I don't I will fall off track and start to gain.

I totally agree with this. When I quit weighing daily I am not as accountable.
  • lillybud31
    lillybud31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah I weigh everyday also but I also know my body and know when to expect it to go up or down, But I like to check everyday just habit now and it starts my day off the right way lol
  • MistieWalters
    Options
    I'm one of those people who have a lot to loose.. I'm also one of those people that go crazy when it comes to keeping up with my weigh ins. I've only been on MFP for a month now, but I chose to start out small.. I started on the 14th day of the month, so now I wait until the next 14th to weigh in. It keeps me from going crazy because I dont keep a scale at home. Also, over-weighing yourself can make you stress over it, which contributes to not losing as much as you could... So for now, until I get more into my goals, I suggest only 1 time a month.. MAYBE twice, if you do it every other week. Hope it helps!
  • bigfatsarah
    Options
    I'll be weighing myself first thing every morning. I expect a fluctuation every now and then, but when the weight does go up, that will motivate me to stick to the diet rigidly that day. Well, that's the theory...
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Saturday morning, in my boxers, after I wake up and complete my morning "evacuations".
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself like 5 times a day
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    once a week... is really a good 'rule' I keep.. keeps me in 'check' on if i maintain or gain.. ive seen people on here not weigh for a cpl mo and one girl gained dang 20 pounds!!! ( i would die) i joined mfp last july and lost 41 pounds in 4mo! and then xmas rolled around and i met my new boyfriend (now 7mo together) ive maintained within 5lbs for last 6 mo! glad to of not gained all that back! lot of girls gain in new relationships... and i think .. well i KNOW that weighing in every Friday has kept me in 'line' with the maintaining vs if I didnt weigh in! only real weigh ins i disagree with are the EVERY day peeps.. there is just zero reason for it.. we dont loose wt EVERY day.. like you will wake up ounces less or?? seems obsessive and not healthy
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    oh! and you mentioned measuring.. yes do it!! and take 'before' pics.. im glad I took the pics.. but i didnt measure! and as you can see in my profile pic i lost a lot of *kitten* inches, LOL .. really woulda been cool to see how many inches i lost.. do it!!! and then re measure once a month maybe.. and weigh in scale wise once a week.. seems reasonable to me :bigsmile:
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Daily with the same conditions (after waking up right after pee/poop).

Its all about the data for me.

Here's is my past three months.

2ihtn4z.jpg
  • ter30
    ter30 Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week before breakfast and coffee, i dont weigh around the time of my monthly cycle as i find i'm slightly heavier and get disheartened so i give it a couple of days before weighing again and i haven't measured since starting, maybe i should seeing as i need to fit into my wedding dress next year .
  • shanymac92
    Options
    Very helpful guys. thanks! :D
  • no51
    no51 Posts: 6
    Options
    I measure daily, when I'm home: http://www.failratio.net/loss.jpg
    blue is weight, red is body fat percentage according to my scale.
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have said it before if I weighed in naked my doc would have me arrested I do my weigh ins at my clinic LOL
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Daily with the same conditions (after waking up right after pee/poop).

Its all about the data for me.

Here's is my past three months.

2ihtn4z.jpg
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself at least nice a day, sometimes multiple times a day. I have an unhealthy obsession with numbers. He made me move it because I did have the scale in front of the refrigerator so I would think twice about if I was really hungry or not. It worked for me but I understand that a lot of people see that as very strange.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!