Do you need to follow Insanity's meal plan EXACTLY?

Options
I really want to lose weight, I'm 5'6 162 pounds and am on day 2 of insanity. I'm trying to stick to the meal plan as best as possible, but do I need to follow it exactly? I am still eating 1500 calories, but I'm kind of tweaking it and making my own meals; but I need to know now if that will work or if I'll have to follow it precisely in order to see results. Heres an example of what I had for meal 5:
Fat free yogurt with almonds and strawberries, and a tuna wrap (low carb tortilla) with cheese. Is this healthy enough? I follow most meals but some I just can't do so I have to make something up...Also, sometimes I'll have a snack, like a handful of cashews, a few raspberries or a spoon of peanut butter...Is this okay? I just really want to see results...thanks!

Replies

• alyssamazing8888
    Options
    Help please!
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't think you do. I think the calorie intake is the most important part, and also hitting your macros. I'm on week 2 of insanity and I'm not really following the meal plan, just trying to up my calorie intake. Good luck!
  • mewtwo500
    mewtwo500 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am about to start week 3 of Insanity. I don't think it's the type of diet that you need to follow *exactly* to get results. The main principles of the diet portion are just to eat small meals of 300-400 calories and to have macro ratios of 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat...as long as you're following that (roughly) and eating the amount of calories you're supposed to eat, I don't see why you couldn't eat your own meals/preferred foods and still get great results.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Keep the breakdown close and try to avoid processed and refined foods as much as possible. I'm vegetarian, so I tweak the meals extensively, but it shouldn't have any significant impact on your results.
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 Day1 of Insanity. For me, exercising and eating healthy goes hand in hand. I don't follow the insanity food plan but I have been logging on MFP everyday (except weekends). I do think logging and staying within your calorie goal is most important. Good luck!! :)
  • alyssamazing8888
    Options
    Have you gotten results?