too many calories in a meal?

Options
is 700 calories to much for a meal at one time or is it ok as long as I stay under my calorie intake for the day?

Replies

• dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It's fine, go to town on it.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    I feel like as long as you're within your macros/micros, you're good.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My cal intake for the day is 1800 so I could eat 1800 cals in one meal and be good if that's all I ate for the day
  • jonathanp2
    jonathanp2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    No not at all!. I actually ask a question kind of like this. It is really about how many calories you are eating. If you have to eat them in one meal then it is ok. 700 calories is completely ok! I usually do over 1000 in a meal, and have been loosing. Just remember to keep track of sodium and stuff. and have time before bed to let your food settle!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I often have close to 1000 calories in my dinner.
    Has not been an issue for me.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    not at all
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You just have to do the math. You know your daily calorie goal. Will 700 calories in one meal leave you enough room for your other meals? If so, then enjoy it! Or get some exercise to earn more calorie space for other meals. You just have to divide you calories in a way that works for you over the course of the whole day. That's all.
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's all about what works for you.
    Other times I tried to diet part of my failure was trying to FORCE myself to eat 400 calorie meals.
    Most of the meals I enjoy are in the 500-700 range. Since I'm eating 1200, I eat one big meal somewhere in the middle of the day, and fill the rest in before/after.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    your good as long as your under some will say but in general thats kinda high. what did u eat???
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    as long as you are in your allotted calories from MFP then it is fine. i tend to eat like that on the weekends. but if you are hungry before and after that high calorie meal then you should really adjust it.. like its not good to be starving all morning and then eat all the calories you have in one sitting at say 3pm.. but other then that you are perfectly fine..
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bro! you are such a comedian

congrats on losing 96 lbs
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't matter unless you have an underlying medical issue or (possibly) are an elite-level athlete. Enjoy your meal.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    is 700 calories to much for a meal at one time or is it ok as long as I stay under my calorie intake for the day?

Providing you stay within your limit, nothing wrong with that at all.

I tend to have 600-700 calorie dinners too, I look forward to those!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    As far as what I've learned from people on MFP, and tend to agree, your body is not an exact machine that will know if you've eaten precisely 700kcal in one meal or 500kcal, it doesn't work on a 24 hour schedule, so enjoy your 700kcal dinner, as long as it fits in with the plan for the day!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I am on just over 1900 cal a day so most days my lunch and dinner are over 700 cals each as I rarely ever snack and usually my brekkie is around the 400 cals mark.