Arch Pain

Options
The arches of my feet feel like they are on fire when I work out, I have tried different shoes and stretching my feet and even arch supports- will this go away over time?

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    sounds like plantar fasicitis. Try rolling them on a tennis ball after working out, and stretching them but pulling your toes pack towards your shin with a towel or resistance band.
  • mightyold
    mightyold Posts: 12
    Options
    1) Drain a little water from a water bottle and throw it in the freezer. When it is frozen, roll it on the floor under your arch. Could be over use. wear good supportive shoes.

2) Stretch your arch by laying on the floor with your leg straight up in the air and wrapping a belt or a stretch band around your toes and pulling them toward your head. them point your toe and flex...do three sets.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I think it is PF. Can you schedule an appointment with a podiatrist?
  • lafferty4
    lafferty4 Posts: 10
    Options
    You may laugh but I did the Dr. Scholls free machine at the WalMart and when I did it showed I was almost literally walking on my heels. I had to not only put orthotics in my shoes but find sneakers with a heal lift. I would recommend trying the free machine at the WalMart and orthodics for starters. If it gets really bad, I'd see a podiatrist. If you are kind to your feet, your knees, hips and back will thank you. Good luck!
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions- I am definitely going to try the WalMart machine :) Thanks!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    See if there is a specialized shoe store around you that has a certified pedorthist on staff. They'll do a foot screening where they analyze your gait, how you stand, etc. They'll get you the right shoes to help your foot / knee / hip / back pain.
  • carolbeckp
    Options
    My feet really hurts too but I don't really do anything about it. The awful pain in my thighs distracts me :)
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    sounds like plantar fasicitis. Try rolling them on a tennis ball after working out, and stretching them but pulling your toes pack towards your shin with a towel or resistance band.

great advice and it works!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend a visit to a podiatrist, they quite likely would recommend customised orthotics.