I'm fairly new....joined in May

dlanoux
dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
Hi,

About me....
wife
mom to 3 teenage boys
senior in nursing school (I will graduate in Dec. with my BSN...Yay!)

Age - 43
Start wt (May10, 2013) - 268 - may have been a few pounds more....I didn't weigh week 1.
Current wt - 250
Height 5"4"
End goal-145
Goal for December 13, 2013 - 170 - Hope I can make it! :)

For me it is all about eating correctly, and hitting the gym at least 3 days a week. No magic pills, drinks, or surgeries.....just good old fashioned exercise and sweat!

I'm obsessed with the scale!! I weigh two or three times a day. My wt. fluctuates, and that is OK.....but I have developed quite an interesting little obsession with that thing.

Replies

• paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    You lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks? DAMN! You're doing something right! :)

Your obsession with the scale probably isn't super healthy. It's easy to shrug off those "fluctuations" when you're losing like you are, but it can become a source of frustration when the scale isn't moving like you want. And there will be periods where that happens, especially if you weigh super often. It's probably better to weigh once a week at the exact same time and conditions (I do it first thing Saturday morning) and then look at long-term trends vs day-to-day fluctuations.

That said I love your attitude and positive energy! You are off to the races. Once you start and feel really good, you will just want to keep on going!

I'm 45 and just lost 48 pounds. (40 pounds from October 2012 to February 2013). I can't tell you how awesome I feel. I intentionally went into maintenance for a while, but I decided to drop 7 more pounds for a vacation in July. If I do that, I should be between 12-15% body fat... so I might actually have "abs" for the first time in my life. :)

Here's the program I followed to lose that weight. Check it out for any ideas and feel free to send me a friend request!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/920970-how-i-lost-the-fat?hl=how+i+lost+the+fat#posts-13975455
  • Definitely going to add you. It's great to have a support system.

Also, BUMP.. So others can see your post.. First time posts sometimes get ignored.
  • arania15
    arania15 Posts: 31
    That's exciting (the upcoming BSN)! And congrats on what you've lost thus far. :) It'll be a tough road ahead, but you seem like you're plenty up for the challenge. Keep up the awesome work!
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Paxbfl, Thanks for sharing your post. You did a lot of what I am currently doing.

I am thinking about adding one more day to the gym....that will put me at four. :)
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    You're welcome! I think 4 would be ok. People have criticized me for working out too much (6 days) but my response is that I always listen to my body. If I'm sore I either make it an easy day or just make it an extra rest day. Obviously you don't want to get hurt or make yourself miserable. Do what you can continue to do over the long term.