Jump start

Options
I am on a plateu. I have lost 40 lbs and have 25 to go. Its getting harder to stay motivated. But gotta keep trying.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    So have you not lost any weight after 6 weeks of being consistent with food intake and exercise?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    why would you give up now?! i've been at it for almost three years and haven't lost a lb in a year. i know how rough it can get. feeling fat, or carrying around the weight you wanna lose doesn't feel good after too long though.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You will need to open your diary so we can see what you eat and tell us your age, weight, goal, exercise etc :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    that's great! now that you seem to have hit a plateau, you probably need to make a/some changes. I hope you won't be giving up after having come this far!
  • lakeau
    lakeau Posts: 13
    Options
    That is my problem. I have not been consistently logging food and my workouts went from daily to weekly. So not really a plateu but time to focus on weight loss goals consistently. That is why I joined the forum. Inspiration and accountability.
  • lakeau
    Options
    Yes. That is me right now. Its been almost a year and I have not lost. I have a concert to go to in July. Its time to do it right. Today went well. I worked out and logged everything staying within calorie range. Essentially I feel like im relearning or retraining myself on staying focused in order to get to goal
  • lakeau
    Options
    I am new on the forum sonas soon as i figure out how to open my diary I will do that. Im 37 years old and 5' 2". I am a nurse and just went from a desk job to working in a busy ER two weeks ago making my work life way more active and I hope that helps too.
  • lakeau
    Options
    I am not giving up. It has been hard work to lose the weight. I will not make the effort a waste of time. But It is so easy to get complacent and start going back to old habita, so I am here to share my journey and gain motivation.