Strength training

Options
I started lifting weights but it makes my appetite skyrocket. How do I curb the ost workout hunger pangs?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    It's okay to eat. Just don't exceed your calories you need to lose a pound a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tiwifruit
    tiwifruit Posts: 1
    Options
    Try drinking a full glass of water before eating. It helps with the feeling of being hungry and allows you to better control your portions.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    After a strength training session is a great time to take in some protein. This helps repair the muscle you just broke down in the strength training session... It is during rest that you build muscle. The protein will help in the repair process and enable you to get stronger... protein also is harder for the body to break down so it increases metabolism marginally. Many use protein shakes for quick absorption but some grilled lean meat or even a protein bar can help and will help keep you less hungry.
  • lakeau
    lakeau Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you. I love strength training and will keep doing it but I think i should cut back to three days a week and continue with 35 min ro 45 min of cardio six days a week. I started this routine a week ago. It feels awesome
  • lakeau
    Options
    I will go out and get some protein bars for after the strength workouts. I dont have much time to cook when I work 12 hr shifts
  • lakeau
    Options
    Maybe a glass of water and protein bar after workouts.