What Supplements, Vitamins, Foods, or Spices are you using?

Options
2»

Replies

• klee11
    klee11 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am sure to have whey isolete protein, fish oil and a good multi. If you're eating a balanced diet and recieving the right nutrients you really shouldn't need any supplements, but they do come in handy.
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I take Vit E & C, Magnesium (as I get muscle cramps), bioflaviniods and rutin (I have varicose veins), krill oil, and zinc (for my skin).

And Lemon Juice with warm water in the morning :)

Everything else including lots of protein I try to get from food.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    I take a womans multivitamin and cod liver oil.

I drink whey protein.

I love my spice rack.

I eat chicken salad 4-5 times per week, fish 2 times per week, tons of fruit and veggies.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Not that I believe they're relevant to weight loss, but for supplements/vitamins I take glucosamine chondroiton, fish oil, trace minerals, creatine mono, vitamin D, a digestive enzyme, and a multi. For food...uh...I just eat food. To lose weight, I eat less food...and to gain weight, I eat more food.

creatine mono can be relevant for fat loss vs lbm loss

fun fact.
    Optimal daily calcium intake is connected with higher fat oxidation
  • leonasmith77
    Options
    Right now I'm using the Flora product range. I'm not just in the process of losing weight, I'm also trying to get my cholesterol numbers down. I've always loved to eat, and when my cholesterol levels started soaring, I really felt heartbroken. Fortunately, I found an awesome butter substitute that I can use in my cooking.

I don't take or use anything else that may be considered out of the ordinary. I take a good multivitamin everyday to ensure that my body is in tip top shape.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm using the Flora product range. I'm not just in the process of losing weight, I'm also trying to get my cholesterol numbers down. I've always loved to eat, and when my cholesterol levels started soaring, I really felt heartbroken. Fortunately, I found an awesome butter substitute that I can use in my cooking.

I don't take or use anything else that may be considered out of the ordinary. I take a good multivitamin everyday to ensure that my body is in tip top shape.

why are you constantly advertising this flora product? Cholesterol is not as much of an indicator as you think it is
  • leonasmith77
    Options
    Hi DatMurse,

I'm not really advertising. I just like it. That's exactly what the topic is all about. I'm just sharing mine. :)

I also take some Vitamin E supplements for my skin.
    Ascorbic Acid for my immune system

1 cup of yogurt everyday.

Thanks a lot!
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I take a tablespoon of unsulphured blackstrap molasses each morning - it has lots of calcium and some iron.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm not taking these for weight loss:

glucosamine/choidrin (sp?),
    Caltrate D (calcium, added vitamin D),
    magnesium
    B supplement

Probably will add fish oil.
  • bdoug1234
    bdoug1234 Posts: 28
    Options
    Fish oil (omega 3 6 9) is much better tasting than motor oil 10w-30 :)